Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!

Hello hello,
First of all best wishes to all of you for the upcoming year and way you achieve what you set out to achieve.

I did make it to the gym on Tuesday and did the upper body, core, cardio workout and I can still feel the muscles in my arms today. The gym was closed today of course and I had planned do to some sort of exercise but wound up going to Twilight. The book is better. Tomorrow I shall go to the gym as they're back to regular hours and now my plan also includes a gym visit on Sunday. So that will be 3 visits this week.

I was in bed by 9pm yesterday just couldn't be bothered with ringing in the New Year, sleeping seemed like so much more fun. I wound up making a very low key dinner than I had originally planned. We wound up going out for a Japanese lunch on Wednesday and I wasn't particularly hungry so I did make the grape tartletts. Couldn't find whole wheat wonton wrappers but the regular ones are 20 calories each so point friendly at least. Now I'm not so sure what to do with the giant package, maybe bake some to have crunchy bits in salad or make samosas - baked of course.

I'm dreading the gym a bit for next week as I expect it to be crazy busy with all the new year resolutions. All day to day I've noticed more weight loss related commercials.

I do have some goals for 2009 which are as follows:
Got to the gym 3 days a week
Bring my lunch to work for 4 days a week
Start meditating
Do more yoga ideally days in between the gym
Track every day

I'm keeping it simple and adopting the stickers on the calendar philosophy to track my progress. I started up the journal again a week ago tracking my thought patterns and try to curtail emotional/ boredom eating.

I realize I'll still have a somewhat up in the air schedule so I'm not planning specific days just number of times a week. 

I had an amazing discovery the other day. Kozy Shack Sugar Free Rice Pudding (4 in a pack) are 1pt each. I think they just started to put fibre on their NI label so I'm beyond happy. This is my favourite "dessert" treat and for 1pt it's a bargain.

I'm also staying away from a lot of processed food with a focus on eating clean. 

The only thing that will stop me from reaching my goals is me. So I have to make sure I'm on my side. Make it simple and straightforward.

I also want to get back to daily blogging. It's you all who keep me accountable.
When the second Blogger Biggest Loser starts I vow to stick to it no matter what. Health is an unbreakable commitment or it should be.

Alas we're on to a new year. Look forward not back. Believe in yourselves and let's conquer!

No comments: