Thursday, January 22, 2009

You're increasing the weight?

This is the question that ran through my mind as my trainer increased the weight on practically every exercise. Strangely I do feel stronger. I knocked out the chin ups and triceps today feeling challenged but not about to die....progress.

Tonight workout was:
The Warm UP
Then I did:
Squats holding a 15lb weight under my chin
Dumbell swings with 15lbs
Lat pull down (facing the machine, tilted slightly back, pulling bar toward collarbone) 27.5 lbs

Did all three 21 times, then 15 times, then 9 times.

Then:
Squats holding a weighted a bar, squat down and then on the way up raise the bar over your head.
Step ups, one leg at a time on a step that had 6 rises underneath it.
Lower ab exercise, where your supporting your upper body and swing your legs up.

Did Squats and Lower Body 21 times, 15 times and 9 times.
The step ups were one leg at a time, 10, 7, 5 per leg.

Then:
Chest press machine and medicine ball/ stair exercise.
The stair exercise was go to the bottom (2 flights), smack that medicine ball into the ground as hard as I could starting with the ball above my head, then run up the stairs, walk down the stairs and do it again.

Did that 3 times - smacking that ball 10 times, 8 times and 6 times.
In between we did chest presses , I have no idea what weight but my arms were screaming.

He's given me homework for the (21,15,9) week as I have to miss Monday and I'll share that with you.

Cardio: On the treadmill
Warm Up: 3mph, 0 incline - 4 mins
Then:
2min @ 4.0-4.5 mph 0 incline
2min @ 4.0-4.5 mph 5 incline
Repeat
2min @ 4.0-4.5 mph 1 incline
2min @ 4.0-4.5 mph 6 incline
Repeat
2min @ 4.0-4.5 mph 0 incline
2min @ 4.0-4.5 mph 7 inline
Repeat
Cool down (which is programmed into the treadmill - They're fancy.

Weights:
Is the homework from last time.

He is suggesting
Cardio on Friday and Wednesday
Weight homrwork on Saturday and Monday or Tuesday

One problem on Monday I'm flying in and out from site and then straight out to dinner.
Friday I need to lug my work computer home in order to take it to site.

Ah, I could go to the gym downtown on Saturday, then go pick up my computer or go home and do yoga on Friday instead of cardio. I'll probably go option b, I'm knackered lately and the weather has dipped to -30 with windchill (it was -4 yesterday).

However I'm thrilled this is turning into a plan vs. just singular workouts. I think adding the cardio will help on the weight front.

Okay kids, I'm exhausted - this workout thing is also great for making you sleep well :)

No comments: