Saturday, January 19, 2008

Snowglobe kind of day


WEEK 2 DAY 1
This is the view from my front window this afternoon. It hasn't stopped snowing all day. On the way to my meeting it was like walking in a snowglobe. It was swirling around me all light and fluffy landing on my face. It's the kind of snow that's kind of sparkly. While pretty, I'm sure it's causing a mess on the roads. I had a snow angel today, one of neighbours shovelled my sidewalk. Of course I'll have to go do it again as more snow has fallen but I definitely appreciate it.
So weigh in didn't exaclty go as I was hoping. I was up 2lbs. That's typically what I gain the week before TOM if I don't plan right mainly making sure I drink enough water. I realized I didn't drink enough water at all and certainly not enough for my increased activity. Let me go into my week in review.
Week 1 - Started off well then hit a road block in the middle of the week. I was totally bored with what I was bringing for lunch and while I do plan to buy lunch on Wednesday I didn't go with what I planned and got beef stroganoff instead. Friday a few collegues were going to McD to get lunch and asked me if I wanted anything. I had the same boring lunch with me and I chose a cheesburger meal. Later on in the day I got a wicked headache that starts in the shoulder and moves up which killed my plans for the gym.
The good point of week 1 is that's it's week 1. There are 25 weeks ahead of me. The other positive I have worked out that much in a long time, so I got 4 stickers on my calendar, that's a whole lot better than nada.
While waiting for the meeting to start I did some meal planning. I came up with 4 options for breakfast, 2 option to alternate for work lunches and 5 options for dinner. My focus this week is getting 6 stickers on the calendar and pay very close attention to my water.
The gain of today would be gone by next week anyway but I'm shooting for a further loss.
So the starting stats are posted and I'll update those monthly. I chose to measure abs (at the belly button because I wanted a spot that easily identified to keep the measurements consistent).
I switched up my workout schedule a little to make Friday my day off and do yoga on Thursday. So the new schedule is:
Sat - cardio/weights
Sun - cardio/yoga
Mon - cardio weights
Tue- cardio/yoga
Wed - cardio/weights
Thu- yoga
Fri - off
Bring on Week 2 - I've got my game face on :)

No comments: