Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Not quite so sore today


I don't hurt that much today...what a relief! I did try this strange aromatherapy muscle soreness reliever stuff that I got in my info pack from the marathon. I think it said something like 034. It's a little towelette with essential oils. If that's what helped, I'm going to have to hunt some of this stuff down.

I have no groceries in my house and I'm not going until Saturday so I'm having to be creative in regards to food. Luckily I practically collect cereal so breakfast is good. Lumch is being bought this week so dinner is a bit of a scavenger hunt.

I am heading out for a short walk tonight to shake out some of the muscles. This morning was the first time I put on my snazzy runners since the race. I thought my feet might rebel but it was all good. Yes, thankfully my suitcase was returned to me last night or else I wouldn't have any runners.

Had my yearly physical yesterday and my Doctor was actually impressed with all my walking marathon plans so that was nice. I told her I want to hit my goal weight by December (well the WW goal before that), I'm not sure what my personal goal will be. The range for my height is extreme but I'm thinking maybe 125-130. I won't be ruled by the number but more how I feel.

So now I must get my plan together. Cardio is fine with all the walking and I got a bike last fall so I'm going to see if I remember how to ride. I seriously need to get into weight training to tone and better prepare for a marathon. My friend and I were discussing that as we waited to board the plane back to Calgary. She talked about a personal trainer, she prefers the army style ala Jillian Micheals from Biggest Loser. I'm not so sure about that simply due to the cost. I don't want to join a gym just to get a trainer. I'm very much a research everything myself sorta girl. I own loads of books and dvds on the subject. I need to sit down and come up with a plan. When I have a plan I have no problem following it, it's just narrowing down the options and coming up with a good reward plan and make my goals reasonable.

I think this blog will help me too. I will state my plan and report in. I've tried that on the weight watcher message boards but it doesn't quite work for me. I think I prefer the diary style of the blog and plus I'm not limited as to how much I want to say :) I want to have this plan in play by next week.

Looks like my friend might not be walking tonight, her foot is hurting and she thinks the source is her runners. If she cancels I'll head home and stop and pick up some fresh fruit and veg and then walk home which will still give me a light walk.

To the plan!

2 comments:

LME said...

I'm training for a 5K right now, but after that's over (next week!), I want to get serious about doing some weight training. I had been for a pretty good stretch of time, but I really love cardio, and although I like the results of weight training, it's not my favorite item on the menu at the gym.

I have this one book that I was using that I really liked and you might check it out if you don't already have it. It's called Smart Girls Do Dumbells, by Judith Sherman-Wolin. She gives a month's worth of weight training "recipes" in the back, and all of the exercises are things you could do at home with dumbells, which aren't that expensive and don't take up a lot of room.

I'm actually considering doing a Body for Life challenge after the 5K is over.

Look forward to reading about your plan and seeing your progress! Our goals weights are similar, and we're at about the same weight right now, though I'm a little bit taller than you.

Krista said...

I had a personal trainer come it to where I work out and set up a routine for me there. Also, when I did the cardio core bootcamp, I found you can do just about anything with some hand weights and a yoga ball. Good luck!