Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Not exaclty according to plan

I woke up at 1am this morning and had a hard time getting back to sleep. So I grab my iPhone and start to update my twitter follows and if they have blogs add them to my blog roll. Yeah, not sure that was a great idea. I did however I eventually did fall back asleep and woke up at 10am. Noooooo this now messes up my day.

The reason I felt this wasn't a great idea was I need to be in bed early tonight due to flying out tomorrow. Late sleeping will probably not help that. That also negated my going to Zumba as I had a mega to do list and want to have wind down time so I can be in bed early. Not to mention it's completely thrown off my food plan for the day as I was having breakfast at 10:30am. It probably didn't help that I had a nap yesterday. I didn't plan on it, I laid down with a book and shazaam woke up an hour later. There will be absolutely no napping today.

Alas, I've weeded the flower beds, watered the flower beds and am now on load 3 of laundry. So that involved some manual labour and stairs multiple times with a few more rounds to go.

The other night I attempted to kill the wasps who created a nest in the ground just outside my gate. I went out when it getting dark as it's best to do this either early morning or evening and realized today that I aimed the Raid nowhere near the nest. Duh. Now I know exactly where those buggers are so on Friday I'll get more Raid and launch another strike.

I got a message from my cousin in Germany on Facebook suggesting I go to San Francisco next year to cheer them on in dragon boat racing. I'd so love to do that. 2012 Vacation is now looking like a bunch of mini vacations and many trips to the US. Well many for me.

Disneyland in January, Vegas in June or July and San Francisco in September, now I also intend to go to Fitbloggin next year as I heard/read so many good things about this year so make that 4 trips to the US. I normally go maybe once every 2-3 years. The good thing is with have 3 days off a week that actually doesn't take up a lot of vacation time as by the end of this year I'll have zero vacation carry over and back to the basics next year. I look at that list and is that not inspiration to get to goal - fabulous shopping in all these places too.

I haven't seen my cousins in years so this also gives me a year to brush up my German. It's wicked rusty as I never really use it. My Dad and I have always spoken English as when I was little my parents didn't want me to have an "accent" so English was the language of the house. They used German to talk about me. I did take it in high school and never realized I had such a huge advantage by knowing a lot through osmosis. I did go on to have a Bachelor's degree in German and Russian. Of course I use neither in my current career but that degree did get me the CHRP designation so it was good for something. My cousins are on a dragon boat team so I would suspect I'd be hanging out with them and their team. I already have a textbook ready to pack to take with me tomorrow. Even 30min a day of review would not be impossible.

Tomorrow is a run day so I'll be hitting the treadmill at camp and maybe a little Badminton. We'll see about the badminton as fly out day is always a tiring day.

I hope you all had a great Tuesday and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Hugs!!

No comments: