Monday, September 05, 2011

Back to normal

Now I'm wondering if I was feeling an allergy thing. I'm not super allergic to anything except a wee sensitive to cats and I did see my friends cat (and he was shedding) the other day but I was feeling off before that or maybe it was just a seasonal thing. I think the mega amount of sleep I've been getting as fixed everything as today I felt totally fine. I've also been really good about taking my vitamins.

It took awhile to get out the door today, I wanted to add a new playlist on my iPod specifically for running on the treadmill so it's not the same old songs I've been listening to. My pace is totally influenced by the tunes especially if I'm slowing down they pep me up. Then I had to update my iTunes. Well I didn't have to but I hit the button so at that point I was committed.

I went to the gym and I'm loving running in my Lululemon scoop tank. I find it gives enough support and I don't overheat. I'm would like to pick up more but I keep talking myself out of it as I want to get smaller and they're not exactly cheap. The only pro is I'd have some to take to site but then the gym I go to in Calgary is all women. Would I feel as comfortable wearing it in front of a whack of guys? There's girls at site that do and it's a respectful environment it would just be my own insecurities. Hmm..I'll hold off for a bit longer.

Instead of bringing straight up water today I decided to start mixing in some Gatorade. I'm trying to also figure out appropriate fuel for the half marathon (yes 4 and bit months from now but I'm a planner). I've used Gatorade in the past so I figure it's a good place to start. When I was at MEC on Friday I picked up a 500ml Nalgene bottle. I love my aluminum bottles but I'm iffy about mixing stuff in them and like to keep it straight H2O. The 500ml is pretty easy to cart around and has a small opening so easier to drink out of at the gym. I have the Gatorade powder in fruit punch and mixed one scoop per instructions with 500ml of water. Well I had a few intervals to go and I took a swig and launched into a coughing fit due to the strength of the taste. Well that kind of killed my intervals as I hit pause on the treadmill and composed myself.

I added more water to my bottle on my way out and it was way better - lesson learned. I realized Walmart could wait for the weekend but I did needed a few things to take to work so I popped into Safeway again.

When I got home I synced the bodymedia to my phone and realized I had hit all my activity targets for the day with the walk to and from the gym plus the treadmill.

I also noticed today that if I don't have protein in my meals I get snacky. I had zucchini fries for dinner inspired by the recipe in the new Kraft What's Cooking magazine. I still used the extra crunch Shake'n Bake but used egg white as opposed to a whole egg baked for 20min at 400 and voila!. They were really good and super easy. About half an hour later I was into the Liberte coconut yogurt (the lighter version which), 2 Reese's Peanut Butter cups and a bit of cheese. Calorie wise still within my goal but completely random.

I still have tomorrow off so I'm going to pay attention to that and see if it makes a difference.

The scale is heading steadily down which is good and I really want to be lower then my last WW weigh in on Saturday so eye must be on the prize.

Not sure what I'll do activity wise tomorrow. I made no dent in the housework so far so that's a must tomorrow there's also a Zumba class at the gym at noon. I haven't been to Zumba in a few weeks. That would make housework the morning's priority and laundry is at the top of the list. Of course I could just do what absolutely needs to be done and leave the rest for when I come home at the end of the week.. I am really good at procrastination.

I do need to focus on ramping down in the late afternoon early evening tomorrow as it will be an early flight on Wednesday. My Dad thinks I'm nuts for taking Monday and Tuesday off so that I fly up Wednesday and back on Thursday. I did remind him that for about a year and half ago I did that every week as I worked 2 days at site and 3 days in Calgary. Speaking of my Dad apparently he's sick of 3 channels and getting Telus optik installed at the beginning of October. I'll be going to visit him on Sat Oct 1 so two days before I need to come home it will be installed. Just enough time to teach him how to navigate it. It's been a long time since he had satellite TV.

I hope you all had a great Monday.


No comments: