Monday, September 19, 2011

I should compete on amazing race

What a morning. Yesterday I set my alarm but I didn't turn it on. I woke up at 5:30am and freaked out. I was supposed to be up at 3:45. Had two missed texts from my cab driver. Of course I keep my phone on silent.

I jumped out of bed and frantically got ready while calling the cab company.

I managed to get my lunch in my bag and then hopped in to the cab. Got to the airport but they closed boarding. I did ask the cab driver to wait 5 min which was good as I just wound up going home. Called our flight people to see if I could get on another. I did call them on the way just in case.

So I came home had breakfast and also put my light timer on (didn't get to that the first time). I also would have left without my tracker, though I am tracking on the WW app and the book. Got on the 10:30 flight. I got to my desk by 1:00pm. Just over $100 in cab fare for those 3 trips.

I've been flying out on Mondays for almost 2.5 years and this was the first time I missed the plane.

I discovered later that my original flight hadn't even boarded yet when I got there this morning.

Had to tweak my food plan for the day a bit. For example I had nutella on my toast instead of PB.

Still on plan though.

I don't do well when I'm rushed. I'm such a planner so my whole day was off and I was tired. My extra sleep evaporated in the craziness of this morning. I am kind of proud that it didn't result in a chocolate feat.

Hope you had a more peaceful Monday.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: