Saturday, January 20, 2007

Taking care of the house

Interesting topic at my WW meeting today, we talked about crossroads and instant gratification. It is quite remarkable that so much of our lives today are impacted by instant gratification, from high speed internet, blackberries, microwaves and cell phones. Not to mention the desire to lose pounds as fast as we can.

We also talked about taking care of the house, not the one with a roof and walls but yourself and your health. How often does that become the last priority on your list?

I had a pretty good gain today and my first thought was of disappointment in myself. Then I thought hold the phone...there are plenty of reasons for this gain primarily TOM. Could I have exercised more - yes, could I have drunk more water - yes. I'm not going to think of this in a negative way more as a reason to get my act together and focus because today is a new week.

4 comments:

Marathon Someday said...

Totally. No point in focussing about what you could've, should've, would've done. Spend all of that wonderful energy of yours focussing on all the amazing things you're ABOUT to do!:-)

Marathon Someday said...

OH yeah - and you'd better believe I'm still looking forward to that shopping trip in Toronto sometime this year!

Rebecca said...

i agree with sonya...thinking of all that stuff is just going to upset you.

you'll have a great week, i know it!

Ann said...

Hi there,

Found your blog today through another blog I discovered today.
Last week's WW meeting we also discussed instant gratification. Very interesting.
I have been a member since mid-October and have lost 20 pounds. My goal is to lose 10 more.
I remember when I gained I was down on myself at first. But then I took a different approach: learned from it. I must do things differently.
Good luck to you and I will check in once in awhile.

-Ann