Friday, January 26, 2007

Friday!!!

I can't even begin to explain how happy I am that it's Friday. I think the primary reason is a new week WW wise. This week has just been weird and sort of on plan but not really. I've made the decision that light ice cream can not be in my house. If a frozen treat is in my freezer it will have to be something portion controlled and not something I scoop.

I'm looking forward to a new start and back to basics. Primarily incorporating workouts back in and introducing some new foods, I'm in a bit of a rut food wise. I think my exercise rut is not having purpose (with the exercise anyway) for a year I was training for races off and on. When we got back from Hawaii it was a bit of a now what moment. Plus I was a bit knocked out energy wise after marathon experience and it took awhile to get it back.

I've got to get my head around working out for the sake of working out for the purpose of a healthier me not a goal time. Now that I'm paying for courses again, races will not be a major goal for me. I'll train with Training Partner (who I will now refer to as H) as she intends to do the Vancouver half marathon again this year.

H has been doing really well with the workouts and that inspires me to do better. I do want to get to goal dang it.

I had a bit of excitement yesterday in regards to my courses. I signed up for the new one the 24th and on the 25th I was wondering why I hadn't received the welcome email so I popped onto the system and shazaam I had access to the course and it was in full swing. This instructor is big on participation so I zipped into the discussions posted a few things that I hope sound intelligent. On the 24th I had also ordered the textbook I need and chose city courier delivery and shazaam it was in my hands by lunch on the 25th. There's another group project (blech) but I'll deal with it, it's not so bad. I also get to write an instructional manual about myself, I think that will be interesting.

This weekend I must arm my fridge and plan my week with WW friendly food, encorporate workouts and learn to wash dishes on a more regular basis.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: