Thursday, February 03, 2011

Day 33 and 34 - Going to try something new

Once again days fly by fast.

Yesterday was dedicated to doing laundry at site so my camp wardrobe is sorted. Of course tonight we flew home with only a 20min delay. It's looking like we'll never arrive home on time thanks to Calgary airspace being over capacity on Thursdays at least until the new landing strip is built.

Looking forward to weigh in tomorrow, not that I'll see fantastic results as this week has been rough. I don't know what it is but my head was not completely in the game. Site can be difficult when there's temptation everywhere i.e. every night there's pudding/ jello/ dessert that you have to walk past to get to the food line and every morning there's a wall of baked goods when you pack your lunch. I can resist I know that but this week it was super difficult when you're not feeling especially strong. I am looking forward to getting back into routine.

I'm vowing next week that there will be no cookies and no dessert. Then on Saturday I can treat myself to something if I'm successful and it will be something I enjoy (moderate not crazy) and better then a commercially prepared cookie or pudding.

Tomorrow K and I are heading to Banff, it was a spur of the moment decision and a ridiculous deal on a hotel. We both had the desire to get out of town for a day. The plan is to go cross country skiing. I have never done this and while I'm excited about trying something new I'm a wee bit scared as well. I want to be uninjured, let's face it I'm pushing 40 not that my bones are brittle but as one ages you get a little more cautious. I'm also hoping not to make a complete fool of myself. Heck I'm going to give it my best shot. Of course this also means I weigh in tomorrow at noon as I won't be home for my normal weigh in. That's all right I just need to face the scale.

This season's biggest loser....I don't know how I feel about it. I'm not sure I understand this we are family business. While nice it's unrealistic, you'll have to pick each other off at some point. I'm also a little concerned about some of the player's adoration of Bob and Jillian. They are awesome but they are not the magic pill that will make these people successful. What I like about adding two different trainers is it shows that it's what you put in that matters not who's telling you to do what. If there's a  trainer you can relate to, respect and motivates you then that's awesome. I don't have a favourite yet again this season. I do have respect for the yellow team I like their no nonsense get 'er done attitude. I wish I had a little more of that as mine seems to come and go.

So no blogging tomorrow as I'll be away but I'll tell you all about my cross country skiing adventure on Saturday.

Talk to you soon....hugs!!!!

No comments: