Sunday, April 12, 2009

yoga yoga yoga

We are going today at 4pm, the class is called Sundae Yoga, I'll report back.

Since I'm taking Monday off I decided to look up what Spa Lady has to offer on Monday and they have a hatha yoga class at 10:45am. I think I might check that out too.

Reporting back...
So the yoga studio is called Yoga Passage West, it's in a strip mall in the middle of suburbia. It's not big. You walk in and there's a spot to put your shoes and a little bit of a retail secton. They had a lot of Halfmoon Yoga products, I love Halfmoon Yoga products. I picked up a new mat spray...I'm always on the look out for a decent mat spray that doesn't have patchouli or frankincense in it (smells like dirt to me). They also had some cute journals, cards on top of yoga supplies and a really good selection of mats.

There's one studio and it's pretty spatious. When we arrived she said about 18 people usually come to the Sunday session. 18 mats in that room would be a tight squeeze. The room was 25 degrees celsius. I've come to the realization I can never do hot yoga, even 25 was a wee hot for me and I had a sweat going on doing sun salutations. I wasn't crazy about that bit. The session ended with 30min of Yoga Nidra.

Discussing afterwards, my neighbour said the flow was almost indentical to one on myyogaonline.com and I told her the yoga nidra was almost identical to one on myyogaonline.com. I really liked the teacher, she had a great voice and good instructions.

I would like to keep one live yoga class a week just for the tweaks on posture so if I can't make my normal Tuesday community hall classes I'd definitely go back.

Tomorrow..yoga Spa Lady style.

Later

No comments: