Thursday, April 09, 2009

It's alright

While Wednesday was more reflective, I wasn't absorbed in sadness. There were two birthdays in the office that day and laughter all day so I think that helped a lot.

After work I went to Twigs and got two bunches of tulips and they wrapped them up with pussy willows. That was for Mom. It was kind of neat walking through downtown Calgary with my arms full of spring and I caught more than one person smiling as they gazed at the flowers. When I got home I lit a candle in her memory. I know she's in a much better place now as she was ill for more than a few years before her death. Now she no longer suffers.

On to happier things.
On the way to the bus I stopped by a hair salon that sells OPI nail polish a wee cheaper than everywhere else and I found Yoga-ta get this blue and Purple with a purpose. The blue almost an identical blue to the one on my toes. I needed a bit of spring in my life.

Man, I hear birds chirping all the time for the past few days and today I saw a robin. The other day as I was on my way to work I saw a boot camp running at 6:15am. Yup, spring has sprung.

Workout tonight was hard, I don't know if it's because it's been a week or because I sneezed a whack of times today but I felt nauseous and winded through the whole thing.

Here's what we did:
Regular Warm Up

Then we hit the treadmills.
400m - 4.5 fast walk and then 5.0 jog for the last 100m
40 Squats
15 push ups off the end of the treadmill
25 - 20lb dumbell swings
20 - 35lb dumbell thrusters

Repeat 4 times

No after the first jog I could barely breath and I did the first round alright and then I died. So I got a modified 2nd, 3rd and 4th round.
I still did the treadmill but walked at 3.7 and then jogged for the last 100m
I got assigned 20 squats, 10 push ups, 10 Swings and 5 thrusters. I still found that really hard and my breathing was still difficult.

Then we did Tricep pulls and bicep curls - 21 each, 15 each and 9 each.

I know I'll be sore tomorrow. I got things to do tomorrow as it's Good Friday I have the day off and my plan is to clean my house from top to bottom. I'm also taking the neighbours dog for a walk tomorrow - we bonded. I'm thinking the off leash park and go for a long walk.

Dad is coming in for Saturday and Sunday and then I took Monday off.

Trainer will have no one on Monday so he's doing a session with my group on Tuesday.
I have 8 sessions left so 4 weeks. He called me this morning to ask if I wanted to renew. I told him not right now first I'd like to know my job is secure and I probably won't know that until the end of the summer. I do like working with him so there is a strong chance I'll go back especially as I'll have the next few months to see if I can keep this up on my own. He was talking about 48 weeks for two sessions a week. I told him "I get a discount right?".

Of course my gym membership would expire in January and with the new corporate gym with all the high tech equipment for $20/month. I don't see renewing with World Health. After all I'll still have Spa Lady for weekends as my location of WH isn't open on weekends.

The true goal is become my own personal trainer.

Isn't there something about spring that just gives you a renewed energy for healthy stuff. I know I'm feeling it.

I'll probably post at some point on the weekend but I want to wish you all a Happy Easter in case I don't.

Hugs!

This weekend I'll also go back to old postings and make sure my workout notebook is up to date.

No comments: