Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Wild and Wooly Wednesday

I can already tell that today will be an interesting day.

Transit is having a one day strike on Friday, providing no deal is made before then. It doesn't start until 12:30pm so that's great for me. I can still get to work and I'll just walk home. It's roughly a 10k walk home, which will work well with training plans as well. They did talk until midnight last night and are talking again today. I'm thinking positive vibes of no strike.

This morning I went to put some ID Fat Free Hazelnut Creamer in my mug and I managed to drop it on the floor. The lid is broken so that was fun. I tend to just shrug my shoulders about that sort of thing as it's not worth getting worked up over something really silly. Then I went to put sugar in my coffee and I almost tossed the sugar and kept the top of the packet. Then I went to put a nestea single serving thing in my water and I put into my coffee instead...too funny! Ice tea flavoured coffee isn't quite right :) Alas everything is good now - coffee and water are as they should be.

Last night I made spaghetti squash and sauce, had enought left over to bring as lunch today. I'm also trying a new afternoon snack of an apple and 1 tbsp of peanut butter. I'm hoping that will kibbash the afternoon snack attack cravings.

On a totally different note, I've been nominated as the leader of the ergonomic committee for my workplace and it's getting very interesting. I didn't realize how high maintenance some of my co-workers are. Alas we'll get through it.

Activity for the night will be mowing the jungle lawn.

Have a great day everybody!

4 comments:

Krista said...

LOL! At least days like that provide a good laugh. The nestea in the coffee sooo sounds like something I'd do

katieo said...

That spaghetti squash and sauce sounds good. Feel free to share details!
:)

Unknown said...

I'm with Katieo - share details on the spaghetti squash and sauce! Is it really really good?? It sounds like it would pretty low in pnts.

And Wow, it sounds like you had a rough time trying to make yourself a couple drinks there - are you sure you weren't drinking a little wine or something before that? ~winks~

Living to Feel Good said...

Argh lost my comment. Thanks for posting how to make the spaghetti squash. I have always wanted to try it, but your microwave way sounds way easier then the other methods I've heard. What does it taste like? Can you compare it to anything?

I taped Pirate Masters, but it's 11:30pm. I will have to watch it tomorrow.

Mr Jay does rule! I wish I could watch CNTM.