Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Blah to motivation


After my claims of being motivated and all that jazz I fell off the wagon. I went home yesterday stopped off at the libraby and then waited in the blechy heat for the bus because I didn't have enough sunscreen on to walk home. By the time I got home I was lethargic and tired. Had no yolk noodles and left over spaghetti sauce (not horrible) then had a banana with light ice cream and chocolate sauce (horrible). Didn't do any strength training. Just did dishes, took out the garbage and watched Big Brother...speaking of which...Boogie is an idiot. I want Janelle to win just because she's a bombshell with competitive skills and goes into every challenge full force.

Today had a very healthy lunch with me, I might be going out to dinner tonight - have a game plan for that and then I was distracted by a donut. I'm not going to berate myself for a donut alas life will happen but I can't let a blip turn into an all out fall out.

I think I need to start my plan at the beginning of my week, so Saturday which will also be exactly 3 months before my marathon and my normal WI day. I've been good with the walking part of training but I need to kick it in to gear in regards to strength training and flexibility if I can even think about finishing. There's still a few weeks before the long distances get really long (20k and more). So the next 12 weeks have to be serious just to avoid injury. I'm comforted by the fact that Training Partner picked up a book by Hal Higdon that supports what we've been doing so far. She joined and aquasize class which is such a good idea. I should look into my local pool.

Now I'm rambling...tomorrow is a new day!

No comments: