Saturday, January 23, 2010


Last week the fabulous Enz and Counting Girl gave me this, I'm totally flabbergasted and quite honored. I've never received a blog award before.

I'm sure you've seen these a lot lately and of course the rules are to state 7 things about yourself that others may not know about you and nominate 7 other bloggers.

For the first part:
1. I'm the only person in family born in Canada, 98.9% are born in Germany.
2. I speak 4 languages - English, French, German and Russian
3. I've been told I'm a good singer but the only time I do it is if I'm fairly certain no one else is around.
4. I had a skin cancer scare a few years back, melanoma the deadliest of the bunch. Caught in time but I'm now a mega promoter of sunscreen and practicing safe sun.
5. I have an addiction to kitchen appliances i.e Cusinart griddler, Kitchen Air mixer, blender and immersion blender. I almost bought a quesadilla maker but talked myself out of it.
6. I'm a science fiction geek. Star Wars, Star Trek, Battlestar Gallactica.
7. I dance at the bus stop in the morning, of course if no one is around. I'm not sure if any neighbours have seen it as I am there at 6am and the moment I think I'm spotted I stop.

Now for the 7 bloggers, the thing is the ones that pop into my head have already received this award. So I'm thinking we should find the unsung blogs that other might not know about. I will nominate one and that's Carol. I admire how she never gives up when her body is fighting her.

If you know someone that we're all missing out on please leave it in my comments and I'll add it to the roll on the side of my blog so others might link to it.

Oh yes the weigh in - Up 1.6, I love Clare (my leader) as she congratulated me on a controlled gain. Oh yes it could have been much worse with the food and the alcohol so I didn't throw the whole plan out the window. I swear that will be lost plus a bit more by next Saturday. I walked to and from the meeting in sideways flying snow.

I hit the grocery store after weigh in and my fridge is stocked with healthy and savoury. I'm ready to start my on plan routine again. I made it 18 days last time, now I'll beat that.

I purchased a little extra motivation last night as I got an email from Lululemon with their "Cheer them on" stuff. I bought the Remix hoody Germany (I own multiple hoodies with Canada on them) pictured above. I normally wear a size 12 in their hoody but that was sold out so I went with a size 10. The plan is to be in it shortly.


Have a groovy Saturday my friends.
Hugs!!!

1 comment:

Alison Fay said...

Love that hoodie. Bought the same one for the MIL. :)