Sunday, November 01, 2009

Always double check

Early post today as I was planning all my meals today and plunking them into my WW online tracker, I came to a realization.

I'm planning my supper to be cheemo bite size perogies, green beans and turkey bites. In the past Turkey Bites have been 1pt each. I bought them yesterday and my routine is the moment I get home I write the points on the container. Yesterday I calculated the Turkey Bites as 2pts. They've changed them and they're now 20 calories more per bite.

Important lesson to never assume things stay the same.

Just a note. My chocolate festivities of yesterday was not me going off plan. It was planned as I prefer to use my flexpoints as many days before weigh in as possible.

Today I'm not going to use any flexpoints, it's straight up plan points.

Tried the Blaster Pancake stuff today and it's good. This is a super fast process. It will serve well for speedy meals but I wouldn't replace my regular Coyote pancake mix for this. The fibre in the blaster pancakes is 1g, not as high as Coyote's 4g in the whole wheat mix.

I now have no excuses for mornings in a rush, it took less than a minute to do this.

That's all I got for now, might back later.

Hugs!

2 comments:

H-woman said...

Someone at our meeting broke the turkey bite news to us a few weeks back. =(

Good news is, I found a smaller package (5 or 6) that were STILL 1 point. They were in a different display than the big package of 2 pointers in the Marda loop Safeway.

H =)

Angela Power said...

GOOD POINT! I have to make sure to "re-check" all labels and point values now that I'm "back" because ssometimes the NI DOES change!

Great tip there lady!