Saturday, April 19, 2008

Determination won out

I live in a weird city, two days ago it was +22, today -21 with 20cm of snow. Yeah, that's what I woke up to. In the last 24 hours I've shovelled my sidewalk 3 times and it's felt like lifting weights. This snow is seriously slurpee ish. This more snow than we got all winter, at least everything should be green when it melts. Plus it's only forecasted to snow for another 3 days..pushaw..we can take it.

So as I gazed out my living room window this morning, knowing that it has been snowing since late morning Friday and the windchill was -21, I seriously considered skipping my WW meeting. That thought faded quickly as I told myself that snow was not going to stop me. I've gone to weigh in colder weather so I sucked it up, bundled up and headed out the door. I was down a pound (home scale said down half a pound) and I think the trudging through snow burned off some calories on the way there. It's about a 12 block walk and there were snow drifts everywhere, some people had shovelled already but some parts were half a foot of snow.

I was impressed by the turnout at the meeting, I didn't stop for my Tim Horton coffee before hand as I normally do as I thought I didn't have time. Of course I get there and realize Duh! I so had time but I wasn't going out again. The blowing snow felt like ice particles.

When I left the meeting I contemplated getting groceries but I was hungry, tired and the snow was blowing worse so I trudged home again. I have to go tomorrow as there's a birthday in the office on Monday and she's requested the incredibly decadent white chocolate strawberry cheesecake. (I've posted the picture of this cake before).

I've been studying for my first test in my compensation class. The test is on the first 4 chapters of the text. When I read these chapters the first go around I think half the info flew out of head. So I finshed Ch 4 and went back and re-read 1-3. Tomorrow I'll re-read 4 and then attempt the test 40 questions in 30 minutes.

I finally got my 4 month wall dry erase calender updated. I used this all through University (many years ago) to track work and classes well it's being dusted off to track this class, the next class that starts on the 28th and workouts.

The fitness challenge of the Spring Challenge is to come up with 10 motivational phrases and post them around your house. I'll work on this after the test and definitely share them with all of you.

Here are some our Challenge creator came up with:

1. Each day is a new day. It doesn't matter how hard you worked yesterday or how hard you didn't work... you have to pick it back up and keep going.
2. Don't get overwhelmed by the amount of weight you need to lose. Take it one day at a time, one pound at a time.
3. Fit Feels Good!
4. I can do this!
5. Remember who is the most important person in your Life!
6. You are worth the effort!
7. It is never to late to take charge of your life!
8. Believe in yourself!
9. Never give up on the thought of a 'thin you'!
10. You are important enough to 'fit it in'!

Believe my friends!

1 comment:

Fatinah said...

congrats on your loss AND making it to your meeting!