Sunday, November 19, 2006

Not too bad

Up .4 at weigh in, I don't think that's too bad after two weeks of no accountability.

I attemped the 32K today and topped out at 22k, the winds were horrendous and after getting smacked in the face with leaves and watching my pace time diminish as I headed straight into the wind I called it a day. I haven't exactly been keeping up with the training over the last 10 days and I felt it today. 0 to 32k is not terribly wise. I will stick to the training plan like glue up until the race however.

Called training partner and said "What the heck am I doing", she said relax - walking by yourself on the streets of Calgary and walking with 25000 other people all hyped up about the marathon are two different things. Ain't adrenaline grand?

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

It's tough but I know you can do it!

Keep up the great work!

Only 3 weeks left, right?

Marathon Someday said...

Hey, 22K is nothing to sneeze at! And with this crazy winter weather, give yourself a break.

You're doing awesome!