Monday, March 22, 2010

The power of retrospect

I went to work today with a plan, I packed my lunch, I packed my snacks and I brought the cupcakes.

I did plan one cupcake into my points today and up until 2pm all was good. Then I went to the photocopier which is in the kitchen. The cupcakes were in the kitchen. There were 3 left. So I grabbed one and only after I looked at the empty cupcake cup did I think "Why did I do that?". I mean it could have been worse I suppose but I was still a little disappointed with myself.

I did not have 2 cupcakes in my plan for the day. The saving grace is I technically have 8 extra points if I use all my flexpoints so with that I did not go over for the week. What was kind of funny was when I was waiting for the elevator on the way out. A woman who works on the opposite side of the floor told me she heard my cupcakes were really good. I asked if her if she had one, she said no "I'm on Weight Watchers".

If only I had thought that before I ate the unplanned cupcake.

The rest of the day I just focused on finishing the day on the right track. I took the slow bus home, this is the bus that goes through every neighbourhood between downtown and my house. I forgot my ipod this morning so it was a bit torcherous but all the way home I had one statement running through my head - "I want to go". I really really wanted to go for a walk when I got home. It was overcast and a wee bit chilly but I was hell bent on going home, changing and heading out.

When I did the half marathon walking clinic I'd have these moments I called energizer bunny where you'd have bursts of energy out of now where.

This is yesterday's results:
324 calories burned, 52min41sec, 5.22K, pace 10:05

This is today's results:
370 calories burned, 58min59sec, 6.16K, pace 9:35

I was 30 seconds per K faster today and that's after working a relatively long day today. Not bad I must say. I'm not aiming for speed but the faster I get means better calorie burning. This also means that I've done 19K so far this week and it's Monday. That's something to be proud of. I'm giving myself a goal of 35K this week.

So now the plan is stick to the plan. Today teached me that conscious decisions are the key.

Hope your day went well.

Hugs!!

No comments: