Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Trainer has a blog!

Hello my friends,

Site was great this week, weather was good and bugs were huge. I was sitting at my desk and this big country spider walked out from underneath. I wheeled smack into my office mate trying to avoid it. Of course he gives this look of I can't believe your afraid of a spider.

Was back at the gym today with a training with my trainer - who now has a blog and you can find it here. If you live in Calgary and like to workout downtown I highly highly recommend him. He has a great sense of humour and will push you. He completely believes in you even when you don't. He does have his irritating moments :)

While at site I had forgotton my running shoes so I would up training my co-worker. She told me she was very sore today.

Today trainer (Lincoln) introduced something called 50,40,30,20,10
Oh and I was by myself today as my group mates are on vacation and such. It's been a long time since I've trained one on one and at first I was a wee bit freaked out. There's something comforting about being tortured in a group format. It's a combination of feeling like a part of a team and knowing you can so smoke that other girl in push ups sort of thing.

I was not feeling 100% today as I had a right hamstring issue that was irritating during the day and wowser did it hurt during my warm up and felt progressively worse.

Workout was this:

Regular warm-up: sit ups, back extentions, toe touches, samson stretch and farmer's walk with a 25lb plate (hadn't done these in awhile) - 3 rounds

Then:

50 walking lunges
50 sit ups
50 ball slams - 14lb medicine ball - I love these
50 dumbell swings 20lbs (this bothered my hamstring so I got switched to dumbell thrusters - 10lbs each hand)

Then do it again 40 times, then 30 times, then 20 times and then 10 times.

I got to the 30s round as I was moving kind of slow.

I'll be missing next weeks training session due to being in Fort McMurray, I'm going to look into the gym at the hotel though.

Tomorrow the plan is to hit the cardio at the corporate gym as I have yet to workout there. I'm thinking I'll have a fairly achy hamstring so I may just stick to the treadmill.

Not a lot more to tell today other than I am continuing to avoid stampede pancakes and any other not all that healthy stampede traditions.

Have a groovy day!
Hugs!

No comments: