Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I heart Blair and Chuck

Watched Gossip Girl last night and all I can say is who cares about Dan and Serena..Go Chuck and Blair, they are by far the most interesting pairings on that show.

I discovered this morning that I rose in the productivity rankings at work...funny what a month will do. I'm 6k below the person above me and 6K doesn't take much. The person above me is planning to put their notice in on Monday so we shall see what happens with that.

Yoga is tonight and I'm so looking forward to it. I do have a challenge that perhaps all you lurkers and posters can help me out with. One should really not eat anything heavy before yoga and the preference is to do it on an empty stomach. The thing is I get home by 5:30, Yoga starts at 7:30 and I don't get home until 9:15pm ish. That's way too late for me to eat so I need light dinner in between that's outside of cereal. (Which will probably be tonight's dinner)

I have successfully tracked for 3 days so far, this is a major accomplishment lately. Points are doing well and I'm seeing a loss on the scale at the moment. 4 days to weigh in.

I'm trying to see myself in the conditions of my success, big picture thinking sorta thing.

So I have to tell you about this radio promotion that a local station is doing. Two Strangers and a Wedding...yup just like that. Over 6 weeks a bride and groom will be chosen but never meet face to face until the walk up the aisle. They'll have every professional service available i.e matchmaker, backcheck, psychologist. Of course they don't absolutely have to get married but it's kinda crazy. The feedback they've been getting has been along the lines of "What!" , "You're crazy", "This isn't right". I started thinking about how most of the couples I know met. I would say 99% of the time totally random. So I'm intrigued as to what will happen when they match people up based on the inner qualities not the physical qualities. However I won't be signing up :)

Have a groovy day!!!

2 comments:

The Glitterati said...

Go B&C! I love them too, even with Chuck's disastrous and foppy new hair.

For the pre-yoga dinner, do they have anything to say about protein vs. carbs? If it were me, I'd probably whip up a quick mostly-whites (1 yolk and 2-3 whites) omlette with salsa or maybe chopped spinach & mushroom in the middle. I have that for lunch sometimes and it keeps me sated (but not bursting) for hours...

Fatinah said...

re Gossip Girl - I get so distracted by Serena's overbite that I can't pay attention to the story!!

As for yoga - I did my class 10:30 Saturday mornings and I ALWAYS ate before class. The one time I didn't I couldn't do some poses because I was dizzy and had such a bad headache. The suggestion from the last commentor sounds quite good...let us know how it all works out.