Wednesday, September 03, 2008

I don't like it

Alright so after surviving Walmart and purchasing a ridiculously expensive kettle that looks cool (choice was very limited and I wanted one now) plus things like ketchup (2 bottles were left on the shelf) and mascara I headed home feeling exhausted and icky (TOM). Walmart was super busy and every shelf looked bare, it was truly bizarre. So by the time I got home I turned on the tv and lo and behold the new 90210 was on.

The kettle is chrome, cordless and can take 2L. I can't find a picture anywhere or else I would post it so you could see it shiny newness.

I watched 90210 on and off the first time it was on and it's my go to zip code if I need an American zip code to sign up for something. I can't say I was ever a fan but the lead girl Annie is played by a Canadian so I was intrigued.

It's a stupid stupid show in my opinion. The dialogue is blah and very unbelievable, the acting is so-so but the adults are better than then the teenagers to some extent with the exception of Joe at the Peach Pit (why did they bring this guy back?). Now it is only the first episode and 2hrs was way too long, I wandered away to do other things multiple times. I might watch it one more time just to see.

I'm kind of intrigued by Privileged which starts next Tuesday on the CW. I adore Gossip Girls, the dialogue is witty and peppered with pop culture (which I love-Go Blair!).

I'm a demanding tv viewer, I don't want to see real life for that I watch the news (so no hospital or cop shows for me). I want to be entertained by something different and decadent. My other favourites include Pushing Daisies, Dirty Sexy Money, Cashmere Mafia and Lipstick Jungle isn't so bad, Torchwood, Battlestar Gallactica.

Biggest Loser is the closest I get to real life (which might be pushing it a little) and ANTM in terms of real people are the characters.

I treat the new season with limited patience. If it intrigues me I'll watch it once, if I love it then it's saved to series recording on the dvr. If it's so so I'll watch a second episode. If it's blah I'll never watch it again.

Yes I am a finicky TV fan, and I'm not ashamed of it. But God bless whoever invented the DVR.

So hurray to the new tv season as it quickly approaches :)

2 comments:

Jaime said...

I so hear you. On all of it!

Walmart was a gong show this weekend. Note to self to never go there over a Labor Day long weekend again...or the day school starts.

90210 - I missed most of it, but the 20 minutes I watch were only good for the Brenda/Kelly part...and I love that Rob whatshisname and Laurie whatshername are in it. I never liked Peach Pit guy.

Lost Half of Me said...

I watched 90210 last night as well wondering how it would be. It was okay. Back in the day, I used to be a die-hard 90210 fan who like most teenie-boppers thought Luke Perry and Jason Priestly were gorgeous! lol It was nice seeing some of the old cast back (Kelly and Brenda), but I'm not sure this show has what it takes for the long haul. Should be interesting to see if I'm wrong. I was a bit confused about Kelly's son though, some of the references made it appear that "Brandon" is the father but I wasn't totally sure. Any idea? I can't wait for Biggest Loser to start in a couple of weeks. That show gives so many people an amazing amount of motivation...the ability to see someone on the show they identify with because of their weight and they can follow the show every week and finally realize, if THEY can do it, I can do it!