After the last half marathon I did I vowed never again. I had a miserable time and I felt like a fat cow through the whole race. I decided long distances were not for me. Mind you, I didn't exactly prepare that well either.
This is what has been zipping through my head since reading that email:
- This is the first Tinker Bell run and it's all women. I've never done a race with all women.
- I love Disneyland and well Disney.
- California in January would be better then here in January.
- This race does have a minimum time of 16min/mile.
- If I did this it wouldn't be walking it as I did in the others I'd have to commit to run it or at least interval run/walk but with more running.
- Serious training would have to start by the end of October which would allow me to build on my running skills and focus on weight loss between now and then.
- I could perhaps run with a tutu on or at least be incredibly girly
- I would be doing the bulk of training on a treadmill as I'm only home for 3 days a week
- Longer training runs would be on the weekend
- It would give me a non weight loss goal to work towards
- It's not like I don't know what to do - I have done two half and a full
What the hell, I'm in. I just registered.