Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 35 - Out of left field and fairy dust

I got an email from my uber boss (the boss of my boss) sending an invite about the Tinker Bell Half Marathon in January. There's a few people from work doing it and I'm intrigued and conflicted.
After the last half marathon I did I vowed never again. I had a miserable time and I felt like a fat cow through the whole race. I decided long distances were not for me. Mind you, I didn't exactly prepare that well either.

This is what has been zipping through my head since reading that email:
  • This is the first Tinker Bell run and it's all women. I've never done a race with all women.
  • I love Disneyland and well Disney.
  • California in January would be better then here in January.
  • This race does have a minimum time of 16min/mile.
  • If I did this it wouldn't be walking it as I did in the others I'd have to commit to run it or at least interval run/walk but with more running.
  • Serious training would have to start by the end of October which would allow me to build on my running skills and focus on weight loss between now and then.
  • I could perhaps run with a tutu on or at least be incredibly girly
  • I would be doing the bulk of training on a treadmill as I'm only home for 3 days a week
  • Longer training runs would be on the weekend
  • It would give me a non weight loss goal to work towards
  • It's not like I don't know what to do - I have done two half and a full
What the hell, I'm in. I just registered.

No comments: