Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Day 18 and 19 - Positive Self Talk

So I had good intentions yesterday, I had planned to do yoga in my room but I also needed to do laundry. I decided to tackly laundry first as I didn't want to interrupt a yoga practice with having to race down the hallway to retrieve my laundry. I never want to experience strange men touching my laundry so they can access a machine 3 minutes sooner then me getting there and retrieving my own laundry again.

All went well until we got to the dryer. The dryer said the cycle was 48min, that's similar to my home machine so great I set the alarm on my iphone, went back to my room and watched MasterChef. I go back 48min later and the dryer now says 36min remaining. Huh, it took 56min to wash and an hour and 20 to dry? The dryers at camp are iffy. My ridiculously fancy dryer at home can dry a load in 41min. Alas by the time I put the laundry away it was now 8pm and I was tired. So Tuesday became a rest day.  So far 3 smiley stickers are earned for the week and I've earned 6AP each time so that's 18 so far.

This evening I knew I needed to kick it in the cardio so I went back to my walk/run intervals.

Tonight was 57:48min, 515 calories burned, Heart rate 177-154, 5.5 km on .5 incline on the treadmill. Whenever I do stuff on the treadmill I have it on a minimum .5 incline. I did 15 intervals of 2 min walk with 1 min run.

The treadmill at site is about a foot from a wall and you can look up at an odd incline at the tv. The tvs are nice but for some reason you can't change the channel so it was Seattle news for the bulk of my workout. The CBC app on my phone alerted me that the Bruins scored in the first period of tonight's game.

I do find it challenging to stay into it when staring at a wall, so I decided to pump myself up mentally. I counted the intervals up to 10 and then down from 5. I gave myself pep talks the entire time like chanting in my head "fit, fab and fierce", "you can do it"  or just 3 more to go.

I'm still reading "Mindless Eating" and it's still funny, I think I'll need to read it again to actually note specific things.

Tomorrow will be yoga when I get home, and then Friday will be back to cardio. I'm thinking gym so I can go grocery shopping right after as they're next door but we'll see.

Hope you all had a fabulous few days.

Hugs!!!

No comments: