Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 24- Kidnapped by aliens?

This bowl is filled with Hershey's kisses and hugs and sits on the corner of my desk at work. Yes, you might think I'm crazy to have it there but I do for two reasons. One - I work with 98% men and it helped me be a bit more approachable as my office is tucked away in a quiet corner and two - it's a test for me. Now there have been times where I've indulged on a number of these little babies (and tracked them).

Today I had none, zip, zilch zero. I've been re-reading the End to Overeating and I looked at them today and thought "Fat and sugar". I had cherries with me so I snacked on those instead.

Today I won the battle with the chocolates. I had the tacos for dinner but tried something different with the toppings. I grabbed a soup bowl and put in about 2 tablespoons of grated cheese, salsa, about a tablespoon of sour cream (full fat at site) and a whack of chopped tomatos. I mixed it up and then put it on my tacos at the table. I used half of what was in the bowl. Now had I tried to load my tacos it would have been a far different story as the extras are on a sort of salad bar so you use a giant spoon to try to take small amounts.

I did tell myself I could have jello for dessert but I thought of another trick from the Mindless Eating book. I didn't take the jello with me to the table. I told myself to eat dinner first and then go back if I still wanted the jello.

In the interest of full disclosure I did get a few french fries that were next to the tacos but I left some on my plate and it was a small serving to begin with. I didn't go back for the jello and walked out of the kitchen without even going into the pack lunch kitchen (cookie source).

So I did use 3 WP points today but I'm 3 days into my week and I've use 4 WP.

Tonight's activty was treadmill. I went down to 13 intervals and this time on the run I ran at 6.0. Normally I run at 5.4 - 5.5. Wowsers that tired me out and I didn't finish the intervals. So at the end of the day it was 10min running and 27 min brisk walk.

One other victory is after the gym I didn't wander back to the pack lunch kitchen to grab a cookie.

Tomorrow will be interesting as I accidentally volunteered to sell 50/50 tickets at our fun run. So not sure what workout will happen tomorrow. My right knee has been feeling a little off so it's a good thing I'm not taking part in the run/walk (due to selling tickets) as that would be running on gravel roads.

Now Wednesday and Thursday are iffy too, so I need to pay super attention to food and water.

So many mini victories today now just repeat it tomorrow.

Off to watch EMWLE

Hugs!!!

1 comment:

Find my way back said...

Well done on your victories.