Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Excited and a bit scared

So my major life changing event is I got a promotion at work to do a job I've spent the last 4 years preparing for and now it's all up to me.

When I joined my company I was beyond excited as I despised my previous job and I can't believe a mere two years later I'm off to use all the education and designations I've been collecting.

This also means I'll be at site for 4 days on and 3 days off. A few people have asked me do I really want to be away for 4 days in a row.

Let's see..I only need to buy groceries for 3 days a week, I don't need to cook for 4 days, my gym and room will be in the same building, I don't need to buy a bus pass, no traffic..not to mention it's a promotion and I get every single Friday off!!! In a nutshell I save a load of money plus make more.

They made the announcement at work today that I was moving on and it was a happy sad moment. I'm looking forward to the new opportunity but I'll miss the people I work with now. I made a lot of friends and it's not like I'm moving to a different company but I'll miss their personalities on a frequent basis.

This won't effect the blogging as I can do that from anywhere. A few of them read this so at least they'll always know what I'm up to.

I'm a gemini so half of me is excited and chomping at the bit, the other half is a bit scared and OMG I want to do a good job.

The next little while will be hellish as though I start my new job in two weeks I'll be doing my old job until a replacement is put in place. The good thing is I've been working with my new group for the last two years as well so I've got support.

In the meantime I must stay focused on the weight loss. I gain a workout buddy at site which will be great.

The neighbour's dog is now napping beside me and I'm so looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow.

Hope you had a great Wednesday.

Hugs!!!

2 comments:

H-woman said...

Congratulations! I know that you've been working for a long time towards this. All of that work is now paying off!

Yay!

=)

The Glitterati said...

HUGE congrats!!! Well earned, and well deserved! Hugs!