Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Too much fun

Today when I got home from work I found the new bread maker on my steps. I'm sort of excited to try this out. I'm super happy I didn't need to pick it up from the post office as the box is huge.

On the way home I stopped by the book store and got a book on juicing and a bread maker recipe book.

I got "The Juicing Bible" by Pat Crocker. It got good reviews and I like how she addresses different health issues (fatigue, Alzheimer's and impotence just to name a few) and what fruits and veggies would be beneficial. I thought I'd make a beet/ carrot/ apple juice tonight but I had to swing by the grocery store first. The beets were not looking good at all so instead it turned out into a apple/ carrot/ orange juice. I did brave the self checkout with non scannable items as the store was busy and it wasn't so bad.

This is what the end result looked like.
The juicer is super easy to clean which is totally awesome.

I got a Sunbeam bread maker with my airmiles.  I got the "300 Best Canadian Bread Machine recipes" book for this. My one disappointment no NI info but the pickings were slim. It's got a variety of recipes so that's neat but I do want to focus on healthier bread so I'll keep my out for an additional recipe book. I think I'll try this out this weekend as the weather is supposed to still be blechy. It rained all day today.

A basket of Purdy's chocolate arrived on our floor from one of our suppliers and that combined with blechy weather...well let's just say I didn't say no.

I did walk home from the grocery store with my books, fruit/veg and a bottle of "Stella Nude" eau de parfum.  




I fell in love with this in Vegas but didn't buy it there. I had spritzed some on my wrist and a woman came up to me to tell me I smelled fabulous. The notes in this are moroccan rose, grapefruit, peony, pink pepper, vanilla and amber. I think this will be my fall/ winter fragrance. In the summer I like things a little more on the citrus side.

I was walking through the Bay and they had it. The sales lady gave me a free gift and mini samples as well. I was hauling a lot of stuff on that walk home.

Thanks to mega errands after work I decided to not go to Zumba. I need to rethink the 6:30pm workout classes that might be a wee late for my schedule. I get up fairly early for work and like to try to be in bed by 9pm to get a decent number of hours of sleep. I get home just before 8pm when I do classes at this time and that didn't work so well for me yesterday and I was super zonked today. I'll need to try the 5:15pm classes instead.

Alright so stay tuned for adventures in bread making towards the weekend.

Hope your Wednesday was super fly.

Hugs!!!

No comments: