Saturday, September 11, 2010

Swedish for common sense

Up 1.2 today, I'm o.k with that. Last week I never tracked and while behaviour wasn't horrible it could of been more in line plus good old water retention played a part - I can feel it.

Now the hard work starts so I'm committed to tracking, exercise and following the healthy guidelines - including positive self talk so the gain today is done and I'm on to a new week.

Went grocery shopping today and picked up an aray of veggies and fruit plus lean protein. I'm going to make a vegetable turkey lasagna for work lunch.  My noodles will be sliced eggplant and zucchini.

Later in the afternoon I met up with my friend P and we went to Ikea. I needed new cutting boards and some of the frozen potato pancakes. I also left with napkins and mortar and pestle (always wanted one of these) and I love their coffee.

At one point I was thinking of an old campaign for Ikea where they used the tag line for "Ikea - Swedish for common sense" and then I started thinking about all this weight loss stuff. I realized I just need to keep it simple. Follow the plan, track and exercise. It's not rocket science I just need to take it one day at a time.

After Ikea we stopped in Michael's were I picked up some cake stuff so I'm ready for Christmas. Yes, my mind is already drifting to Christmas. I was not on the ball with my Christmas baking last year and I like to do that for my work mates. When I was in Walmart this morning the seasonal section is now wall to wall halloween candy. Of course after that's done the Christmas stuff will come out.

Crazy torrential rain pushed back the agenda today so I'm trying to get some stuff crossed off my list tonight so tomorrow isn't crazy. I will create a workout plan for the week tomorrow.

Hope your Saturday was fun.

Hugs,

No comments: