Thursday, June 03, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

I woke up this morning not exactly excited about my birthday. I turned 38 today and while most people would never guess that I was that age (average guess is closer to 28-30) I'm conscious of it.

This morning I was thinking about all the things I haven't accomplished and then I stopped myself and started to think of all the things I have accomplished.

I didn't think it would be an eventful day as I think of myself as a bit of an outsider. I have friends but not gobs them nor do I want gobs of them. The ones I have are fabulous and I'm happy that I'm quite content on my own as well.

When it come right down to it I am extremely blessed.

Well I got birthdays wishes all day from my non-work friends, work friends and site friends. I had planned on having lunch at my desk as I had loads of work to do but I got bullied convinced into going out. My work mates got me the tiramsu cake from Sunterra market and it even had Happy Birthday written on it- kudos to those guys. T gave me a lovely body balm from Benefit - thanks T. The envelope of my birthday card had "The lovely, extrememly beautiful and talented Sylvia" written on it. Thanks T and M as I know you're behind that one.

I felt loved today and I don't often feel that way...thanks guys.

Alas it was a bit of a foodapalooza day as I also treated myself to maple walnut muffin this morning as my stomach was grumbling at 9:30am.

After work I stopped in at Sportchek and got myself a birthday present pictured above. This will be for the non walking exercises as I did officially discover the Garmin FR60 can only measure calories burned if you're using the foot pod. The watch on the Polar FT7 is way lighter and more flexible than the Garmin. I'll test it out in the next few days on step aerobics.When I got home from work I realized I needed some mega activity as I'm not going to toss this week away just because it's my birthday. Yes, I now own 3 heart rate monitors of some type and I also own 3 ipods - I'm an only child, no dependants and single so what.

When I got home I realized I needed some mega activity to off set the damage of the day.


556 calories burned/ 1:28/ 9.59K/ Pace 9:19-5:03 - Heart Rate Max 85%, Avg 76%. This was the 9 loop version of my neighbourhood walk.

I took the day off tomorrow to further celebrate my birthday self as I can sleep in and then I'm meeting my friend P for lunch.

Hope your day was groovy, mine was :)

Hugs!!

2 comments:

Blossom said...

Didn't realize it was your birthday!! Happy birthday! Have a great birthday weekend! (yes it can continue over the weekend :-)

Enz said...

Happy Birthday!!