Sunday, May 31, 2009

And another weekend flies by

Visit with Dad was great and the flowers are now planted.
We did a little grocery shopping and then watched game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final. I finally understand the octopus thing in Detroit.

This morning I took the neighbours dog for a 5k walk and we worked out even ran a little bit.

It's been a very snackapalooza day and I'm not sure why. I am looking forward to supper I'm going to make a leek/shallot/mushroom egg white omelette.

I've watered the flowers as I'm off to site for two days. While I was standing there I saw the neighbours son and friend go off to play and a few minutes later the dog comes walking along. I looked and saw that their gate was open. Lucky I was standing there or the dog could have gone far before anyone realized she was gone. I sent them a quick email just as an fyi. It wasn't the son it was the friend.

I did get my order from Spud.ca at just before 7pm on Friday. If that's the regular delivery time that works really well for me.

So the above omelette will contain some of the things I got. I got bananas, strawberries, blueberries, kiwis, grapefruit, leek, broccoli, shallots, cucumber, tomatoes, garlic, crimini mushrooms and Almond Breeze vanilla milk.

My dessert will be an impromtu banana/strawberry maybe blueberry fruit salad.

I definitely don't see ordering every week as I live alone but I think I'll set up a bi-weekly order. So now the pressures on to eat all those fruits and veggies.

I've never tried almond milk before so I put a little in a glass and sipped with my eyes closed. You see I despise soy milk so I wasn't sure what to expect but I was very pleasantly surprised. I kept reading about it on all your blogs so I decided to try it. I like it and think it will be great in cereal and oatmeal.

I'm intrigued by some of their breads but they clock in at around $6 a loaf. It's funny I pay $4-5 for Squirrelly bread without even thinking about it but for some reason $6 made me go whoa a little.

Training sesssion looms large on Thursday as I've done none of the homework trainer gave me. So I'm going to focus on cardio this week with a pop into the company gym on Wednesday.

It's funny my birthday is on Wednesday and I remember saying last year I wanted to be at my goal weight this birthday. Well that didn't happen but that's o.k last year at this time I was in a job I hated, no trainer and going pretty much nowhere.

This year I'm in a job I love and I love working out with my trainer. I now know I can train like an athlete and am capable of far more than I ever thought I was.

So the goal weight goal is still there but I strongly believe everything happens for a reason.

So never give up my friends, sometimes there are lessons to be learned before goals can be reached.

Hugs!

3 comments:

Jaime said...

I don't even like cereal with regular milk anymore. It has to be Vanilla Almond Breeze. haha. Once you get used to it, you can graduate to the unsweetened version for only 40 cals a cup. :)

jh said...

Awesome--almond milk is so much better for you than soy and tastes better too. Welcome to the club! Now just start making your own. ha.

jen
Boda Weight Loss Blog

The Glitterati said...

Happy Birthday!! :)