Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas Vacation begins

This week has been a bit crazy, just busy at work and knowing I'd be off on Christmas vacation and not going back to work until January 1, 2013. Yes, it's a holiday but after almost two weeks off I don't need an extra day and I get a day in lieu and figured it would a nice quiet week to get sorted with limited distractions.

My New Year's eve plans are the Brita Resolution 5K so there will be no partying till the wee hours for me. One really good thing is my flight doesn't leave at 6 am like usual, it's closer to noon so at least I don't need to get up at 3:30 am. Calgary is totally sold out for the run so it should be a good time.

I'm off to my Dad's tomorrow or I like to call it a retreat. He lives on a small acreage so there's no traffic, no neighbors (the closest ones are on the next property). Of course I'll have to reintroduce myself to the cats. I've loaded my Kobo and updated all my Zinio magazines.

I'm using this week to relax as I've been super stressed lately. I'm also using this week to focus on some goals, not just the goals but the plans behind them. I downloaded the new Weight Watchers app today and I was scrolling through my weigh ins. Last Christmas I hit my 10%, this Christmas is 15lbs above that. Le sigh, it's my fault no blame can be put anywhere else. However, I know what to do.

Today was mission baking.

First up was Whipped Shortbread, years ago someone gave me some of these and then I searched high and low for the recipe. I make them every Christmas now and they always get rave reviews. Their light and practically melt in your mouth. My Dad loves them so I baked these for him.

Next up German marble cake, now it's German because it's denser almost like pound cake. My Mom used to make this all the time but I don't where the recipe is so I found this on All Recipes. There's rum in the chocolate part.. I obviously didn't mix it that well to truly marble it.  This is also going to Dad's house as it freezes really well.

Yeah I didn't just talk about locking down some goals and plans to get me to goal weight and then leave baking in my house.

Tomorrow's it's off to weigh in.

I'll sign off with my heart and prayers going out to Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newton, Connecticut.

Hugs :(


No comments: