Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Adventures in Air Travel

Well it's been an unusual week. As I already told you I worked in the city on Monday and Tuesday which was fun. It made me realize things I missed about working downtown. Things like going for coffee and having a choice like Starbucks or Tim Horton's.

I miss the food court and the variety of the food court. At site it's pretty much the same thing every day and bad coffee. However I do have a Keurig in my office.

I did discover that I have one more year at site and then will transfer back to Calgary. I think I sensed that somehow as my thoughts have been straying to working in a corporate environment again. Like that professional shopper service I talked about. Heck it will be nice to cook for myself more often.

This will also mean a different client group or different job. While I'll miss the group I have now I think of this as a chance at re-invention.

New WW plan that I officially meet on Saturday and a chance to re-invent myself. I even find myself noting people's styles like patterned hose. This also means extra motivation to get to goal.

The other day I managed to recertify for my CHRP designation. That stands for Certified Human Resources Professional. This is the first time I've recertified so I had to earn 100 credits in HR type of endeavors over 3 years. I did learn leaving the form till a week before it was due was a dumb idea. Super fun to try to remember what you've done for 3 years. I will be more organized next time around.

So back to my title, my adventure in air travel was I tried to fly back to work last night. We couldn't land due to wind shear so we went to Edmonton. We landed but stayed on the plane as they figured out what to do seriously confusing the ground crew as they kept waiting for them to open the door. Then we were off back to Calgary. I got home at about 9:30pm. I rebooked my flight for 10:30am today and thought I can sleep till 7am. I woke up at 4am and checked my blackberry to discover I had been rebooked on a 7am flight. Ha good thing I woke up.

Now my Calgary Transit bus was 20min late on Tuesday so maybe I should have called today's blog Adventures in Travel.

I hope all of you are having a great week

No comments: