Friday, November 16, 2012

Operation Success (OS)



It's so nice to be blogging from a computer after a week on an iPad. I will never take a proper keyboard for granted again.

Got home at 10pm last night which of course felt like midnight as I was still on Eastern Standard Time. I woke up at 6am and thought heck no and then woke up at 10am which is so unlike me.

I unpacked and then headed to the grocery store as I was out of a few things. Left the grocery store with only what was on the list. I then pretty much cleaned off my pvr.

Not an exciting today but mildly productive.

This trip to the Wine and Dine Half Marathon was the longest I've gone away by myself. I've done weekends before but this was a full week on my own. I was pleased that I stuck to my plan to ride rides and explore the parks.

It also gave me loads of time to think.

Tomorrow I go to weigh in and I'll be starting a new weigh in book, very fitting in my mind.

I've done "operations" before like Operation Hottie, and Operation Enough 1and 2. Well I have new operation and I'm calling it Operation Success. A more positive spin on "enough" and a focus on behaviour and lifestyle as opposed to "hottie". Mind you Operation Hottie was all about Vegas.

It's a very simple operation with very simple steps.

1. Track everything and stay on plan
2. Follow my training plan (as I've now booked a half marathon every 3-4 months it's all about those including yoga and strength training).
3. Drink 2L of water per day

Very simple but focusing on the positive.

As I was approaching that finish line at the Wine and Dine Half I had a huge smile on my face, also unusual as I tend to look like I'm about to pass out.

The reason I was smiling is because I was thinking on how much better I'll do at my next race. I'm not disappointed with my 6 min slower time then my last race. I know I can do better and better.

Tomorrow I'll go to weigh in and the meeting, then return to Zumba and Iron Reps. After that I need to go vote on the Federal By-Election at advanced voting as I won't be here for the actual date.

I hope all of you had a great Friday

Hugs


No comments: