Thursday, November 15, 2012

Official last few hours at Disney World

Alas I do have time to blog today. Check out is at 11am but I have express checkout so I don't need to physically check out - awesome.

It's funny everyday since I've been here the forecast has said it might rain but it hasn't until this morning. I'll chill in the room till I need to vacate and find somewhere to wait for 2hrs.

I need to take the shuttle 4hrs before departure time as I'm on an international flight. I didn't get the ticket attached to my door this morning which is normal process but I got a printed one from the baggage desk with no problem. Had I taken the shuttle to the hotel from the airport I probably would have had it on my door.

Disney does have awesome customer service that's for sure.

I figured I'd share some shots of my hotel. I chose to stay at the All Star Music Resort as it was one of the hotels that provided race transportation and it was a value property. I figured save money on the room and spend it in the park instead. I got a reduced park ticket with the race registration. I'm glad I went with the park hopper option as for a few days I did go to 2 parks. The parks have a different feel during the day and night. As it's Christmas season at Disney going in the evening means you can see all the fabulous lights.

The All Star properties have all the basics. I booked it on Orbitz as I got a better deal then with the transportation provider for the race. I chose a preferred room which is one level up. It wasn't clear how it was better based on room description. What it meant was that I was in a wing closer to the main building where the food court, front desk, gift shop and bus transportation. It's also closer to the big pool actually right across from the pool. At All Star Music Calypso 1& 10 are the closest.

I got a King bed, there's a little table with two chairs, armoire with shelving, drawers and there's a bar fridge in there too. Bathroom has bath and shower. A iron, ironing board, in room safe and hair dryer were all provided. In terms of toiletries it's a bottle of shampoo/conditioner and bar soap. An abundance of towels are provided as you can't get towels at the pool instead you bring from your room.

Free Wifi is provided in the room and in the main building. It's a little iffy as it's super slow during peak time. First thing in the morning up till 8am is great and then usually after 5pm. In between those hours are hit and miss.

Best thing I bought was the refillable mug. It cost $15.49, I think it's included if you go with a dining plan. I got a lot of use out of this thing with the free refills this includes pop, tea, coffee, and cocoa. It handles both cold and hot beverages really well. I could refill this mug at any of the All Star Resorts. I mostly ate at the resort.

Of course there are kids everywhere but I wasn't the only person sitting at a table on their own.

The housekeepers put these little face cloth critters in all the windows. I'm thinking it's a system of some sort but I thought he was cute.

I would definitely stay here again. With the bus transportation every park and water park was one bus away with maybe one stop at All Star Sports to pick people up or drop them off.

So I'm now chilling on the patio off the food court as I wait for the shuttle. Moments ago I was in the lobby and they decorated overnight for Christmas. I swear that tree wasn't there yesterday. Note the musical accents - it's that Disney detail.

The next time I write to you will be from home so enjoy your Thursday.

No comments: