Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Day 5 & 6- Mickey's Christmas Party and Animal Kingdom

I was really looking forward to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and it didn't disappoint. They gave you a wrist band when you entered the Magic Kingdom. My 3rd wristband of this trip. The event was sold out. I was wondering how they would clear out the guests who didn't have a ticket. The Magic Kingdom closed at 5pm and the party was to start at 7pm.

I got there at 6pm and there was a special check in entrance for the party goers. The parade was at 8:15pm so I immediately hit the rides. Right when I entered the park I got to watch Cinderella's Castle transform into a glittery festival.

Magic Kingdom is very similar to Disneyland. The park was completely lit up for the Holiday Season. Vendors were selling light up stuff all over the place so I joined in.

You got cocoa and cookies with your ticket. They were both excellent.

In Adventureland I checked out the Jungle Cruise (just as cheesy fun as I remember from Disneyland) and Pirates of the Caribbean

In Frontierland I tried out Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, wowsers it's been a long time since I've been on a roller coaster.

Never had longer then a 10min wait for any of the rides.

At 7pm as I wandered they were checking for wristbands every time you lined up for a ride and when you crossed from one area to another. Ah mystery solved. I learned today that it takes 2hrs to empty a park. So park closing for regular guests at 5pm made sense.

The Parade was so awesome and I recorded the whole thing on my iPhone. I'll post it a little closer to Christmas and a heads up it was 20min but totally worth it.

I then headed to Liberty Square and went on the Haunted Mansion. Brought back memories of the first time I rode this when I first visited Disneyland a million years ago.

I arrived in Fantasyland and found the Tigger hoody I've been looking for everywhere. I saw a girl with it on a few days ago and knew I had to have it. I got to the bridge just in time for an amazing fireworks show. At this point the park was packed as it was now 10pm so I called it a night.

Today I returned to Animal Kingdom as I ran through it twice I could now explore at a leisurely pace. I am so impressed with the Disney World transportation. Every park is one bus from the All Star resorts. The driver today was phenomenal. He gave us all guides when we got on the bus, told us some things about the park and was just so amazing.

I went Kilimanjaro Safaris - so awesome and we saw loads of animals. I walked along the Pagani Forest Exploration Trail and then made my way to Asia. I went on the Kali River Rapids and got 100% soaked. It was worth it. I then saw Expedition Everest and it freaked me out so I passed. I picked up a useful souvenir for when I go home. I then wandered through DinoLand U.S.A. I got to the park a little after 9am and it was now noon so I decided to head back to the hotel as I was still a little wet. Once again the rides had 10min waits including Everest.

One odd thing I've noticed is how quiet it gets at noon. I was the only one on the bus back to the hotel. We swung by All Star Sports and there wasn't anyone waiting. When I got to All Star Music I grabbed lunch and the food court was empty. Even when I left Animal Kingdom no one was lining up to get in.

I think my method of one park in the morning, rest at the hotel and then one park in the afternoon/evening works really well.

Later I'm going to Hollywood Studios I have to see those lights and share them with you.

Tomorrow I need to think of where I want to go. I don't really want to go out of Disney World. I'm thinking about returning to Epcot and then I'll see. My flight doesn't leave till 5:30pm on Thursday and I think I'll take the Disney Shuttle to the airport. Sad to be thinking about heading home so happy I still have a few days off before I return to work.

However I still have some Disney magic to experience.


No comments: