Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Last day at Disney World

Feeling a little melancholy today and it's not about going home tomorrow.

I got the email from Brightroom today that race photos were posted. When I looked at my photos I felt disappointment and it was all about how I had all this time to prepare for this race, heck it's not even about the race. I look at these photos and I see how much work I need to do as all I see is fat. I think about January to now and where I could be in terms of weight loss.

I will buy a few of them as I think it will serve as good motivation.

I know it's not wise to dwell on woulda, coulda, shoulda. I need the fire within to reignite. It sort of has on this trip. So enough and let me spin more to the positive.

I was looking at my Run Disney lanyard and thought it needed a lanyard medal. The lanyards do look a little funny with nothing attached. I'm going to hang it next to my medal rack as an anchor. I saw this dragon and it spoke to me - it's that fire within. I thought it might have been for Chinese New Year but nope no special occasion. To me that made it even more special.

Now on the weight loss front I haven't tracked at all on this trip. I have tried to stick to eating when hungry and stopping before the plate was clean which I've done. I've certainly been moving a lot walking around all those parks.

I will deal with the scale at weigh in on Saturday and it's 100% on plan to get this show on the road. I am happy I have 3 days off before I return to work to grocery shop and meal plan.

Today is essentially my last day here. I confirmed my spot on the Disney Airport shuttle and I'll be heading out at 1:30pm. So after check out at 11am I'll just read next to the pool. Today I went to Downtown Disney and went to see Skyfall. I am a big James Bond fan. I was going to see this movie this weekend with friends but due to Twilight frenzy the thought is to not go. Now due to everyone's schedules we were now looking at the end of November. I couldn't wait. I'll see it again with them though, it was awesome. I can honestly say one of the best Bond films in the 50 year history.

Is it just me are American movie theaters better? I did find it funny that it cost $6 yet the Canadian dollar is at par and it will cost $13 at home.

I do hope you all enjoyed your day. I will most likely blog again on Friday.

Hugs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have really loved reading about your trip, and I love how it's given you that fire we are all looking for. I'm so impressed with your running and think your photo is AWESOME proof of how far you've come and how amazing you are!