Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Adjustments

I stayed on point today for my 26 points but it was a wee bit of  a challenge.

Spending 4 days a week in camp can sometimes be a challenge. The camp kitchen is not a short order cook so sometimes you run into times (especially dinner) where you need to think on your feet. 

I found myself running out of points towards the end of day and I had exactly 5 left for dinner (damn the 2pts I wasted on Hershey Kisses today). Tonight in the kitchen there's steak, fried pork chops and pasta- all well above what I had left. Tuesday is not really a WW friendly night. Last night not an issue. 
 
I blew all my weekly points on the weekend.  I made a salad for myself at lunch so that eliminated that as an option for dinner. I could grab a pre-made sandwich from the lunch kitchen but those would be over 5pts and they would have packed the bread away by dinner time so I couldn't grab toast and peanut butter. In the morning when you go in to pack your lunch you have the option to make toast. 

For dinner I wound up with bowl of cereal at 5pm as we have access to cereal and milk in the office building and I had a meeting till 7pm it worked. My other plan is not to eat 2hrs before bed. By the time I get to camp it would be 7:30ish.

I slept super terrible last night I was getting re accustomed to camp noises. Like the bar fridge in my room, the trucks rolling by outside (the wing I live in is right next to a road), the sound of the card keys of other people entering their rooms. I don't hear people in other rooms but you do hear them walking down the hallway. 

Tonight my plan is to be in bed by 9pm hopefully hence why didn't want to eat at 7:30pm, which means the new season of Biggest Loser will have to wait till I get home on Thursday and can watch it on the pvr. If I didn't have a meeting that ended at 7pm I could probably catch the EST time showing but alas that's not in the cards.

Even at lunch you need to get a little creative. I grabbed some lettuce, sliced tomatoes, sliced cucumber, 2 hard boiled eggs (in the shell), some hot peppers and on stick of cheese. When I had lunch today I tore the lettuce into smaller pieces as they were monster size.I sliced one egg and took the yolk out of the 2nd egg; and chopped the egg white. I chopped the tomato, cucumber, peppers and cheese. I then added some light ranch dressing in the little pouch as I forgot to bring up my Fig Balsamic dressing this week. My other option would be one of those pre made sandwiches. You can doctor those to a certain extent but I'm sort of picky about luncheon meat. The PB & J have an awful lot of PB&J on them so then you get into really guesstimating the points. 

Of course now I'm a wee hungry but I'm going to bed soon so I'm brewing a cup of decaf vanilla herbal tea in the mini coffee maker in my camp room. I can't keep snacks in my camp room as I find that far too dangerous and will lead to mindless snacking. There has been a prior incident with a little jar of peanut butter. 

That's one thing I love about WW is that you can make adjustments to make things work. 

I slept super terrible last night I was getting re accustomed to camp noises. Like the bar fridge in my room, the trucks rolling by outside (the wing I live in is right next to a road), the sound of the card keys of other people entering their rooms. I don't hear people in other rooms but you do hear them walking down the hallway. 

Tonight my plan is to be in bed by 9pm hopefully, which means the new season of Biggest Loser will have to wait till I get home on Thursday and can watch it on the pvr. If I didn't have a meeting that ended at 7pm I could probably catch the EST time showing but alas that's not in the cards. 

So now I'm going to drink my tea and hopefully have a good night's sleep. Tomorrow it's 5 miles on a treadmill. 

Hope you had a great Tuesday.

Hugs!!!!

1 comment:

Enz said...

Hey MacGyver! You rock.