Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Too much time to think

There isn't a ton to blog about when I'm at my Dad's house in the middle of the country. The major highlight this week has been the installation of Telus Satellite TV before that it was 3 channels and only 2 came in clearly.

The other highlights of my day are feeding the wild/ domesticated cats that live outside. I'm strangely attached to this motley crew. Fred (the oldest male and my favourite) has discovered he likes to be scratched behind the ear. The others won't let you touch them. The rest of the time is spent reading or sleeping so it's kind of like being on retreat.

The other exciting part was now that we have satellite tv out here we now have time shifting so I could watch Biggest Loser at 6pm.

I apologize in advance if I give any spoilers away.

I'm not a NFL fan, heck I just barely understand CFL. I prefer my sports to have simple scoring like hockey, puck goes in net you get a point or soccer - ball goes in net you score a point.

What I did find inspiring was the 50 year old retired football (incredibly fit player inspiring the blue team and Jennifer who on crutches still loses 16lbs, what about the 60 year old losing even more. Now those loses are completely unrealistic in the real world where you don't have 6 hours in the gym but still it goes to show that no matter what your circumstances are you can be successful in getting healthier. I saw a bit of the red team trainer on Rachael Ray and I think he said something along the lines of "there's no excuse unless you're making an excuse".

It makes me think of the last 3 weeks. I had a cold that led to a week in Kingston and then a week at my Dad's. I go home on this weekend and I'm looking forward to truly being in control of my environment. I could have exercised more control in Kingston and I do the best I can at Dad's (He's 88 I"m not going to disrupt his lifestyle to suit mine).

I do find the black team to be pretty inspiring. I'm not 40 for another 8 months and I strongly believe age is just a number that doesn't mean I'm not going to fight ageing every step of the way. A primary way of doing that is of course focusing on your health.

I won't get home in time to go to weigh in so I'll be paying the registration fee on the 14th and then I'll have 16 weeks till my half marathon.

When I get home I have to be game on. I've been coasting for far too long. I still completely believe in Weightwatchers and I am successful when following the plan. The trouble happens when I so so follow the plan or completely abandon the plan as I've done for the past 3 weeks.

The trick is not to give up.

Hugs!!!

3 comments:

Hebah said...

Best of luck to you.

Fatoutofskinny said...

Sounds like you are having a very relaxing time, with time to reflect and strategize. Sometimes that quiet time just puts everything into perspective.

Enz said...

Yep never give up. I believe 100% in persistence and not perfection.