Saturday, October 29, 2011

This is war

Not in the way that I want to blow anything up or anything but I need to think like I'm going into battle.

My motivation is still flimsy, good days and bad days, bad days are winning. You can tell that by my lack of blogging lately.

The thing that bugs me is that it's completely ridiculous and within my control. I finally came to the conclusion that it's stress induced, that is irrelevant as I am in control of how I feel and if I let someone or something get to me that's my problem as I let it get to me. Then of course being a emotional eater it's an excuse to have not so great food behaviour. I've often dealt with stress just fine kind of acting like a duck - just letting it roll off. Lately it's been harder so I need to keep my eye on the ball and give no notice to distractions.

The battle that I need to prepare for is half marathon training officially begins next week. All my grand plans up to now have fizzled and flopped of sort of pre pre training. Now I need to get serious.

Last night I opted to go out for drinks with friends and I did think I'd just have one as weigh in is tomorrow. Then I decided to have another and another and decided weigh in was not happening today and I also knew we'd have a sub leader.

Those type of excuses also end today as new leader starts next week and based on what I say last week I think she'll be a positive influence. I'll say it again the WW plan works when you follow it, when I don't follow it I obviously don't see results.

In another news I've revamped my skin care for the coming winter. I could feel my skin drying out over the last few weeks. It's not a cheap venture as I have to get duplicates of everything so I can have one set at home and one set in my camp room. I'm going back to a Origin's Perfect World moisturizer, White Tea Skin Guardian and trying Plantscription eye treatment. I went to Sephora today and picked up Clinique's new Turnaround Night Cream. I also left with a magnetic nail polish that's super cool.

I had been trying cheaper brands but I found they just didn't measure up so it's back to what I know.

I'm focusing on proper cleansing as opposed to cleansing wipes and speed vs. quality. Again you get what you put in.

Did a whack of walking today as when I got home from Sephora I then decided to go to Walmart and pick up a few things. Wow, I will go back to my routine of going to Walmart after weigh in as 2pm is an absolute zoo.

Alright, I will be accountable to all of you my blogger friends. Excuses begone, this is war.

Hugs!!

No comments: