Saturday, April 30, 2011

Tracking does work

I was down .08 today and you could have knocked me over with a feather. I wasn't expecting a loss at all.
I'm happy now I just need to keep going.

I was listening to some of the ladies chat before my meeting began and there was a discussion about if one should eat their 49 weekly points. One woman was saying for 3 weeks she was stuck and then our leader told her to eat more so she used her points and lost 3 lbs this week. Now I believe it's up to the individual to figure out what works for them. However those points are there to be used.

Not eating enough points has not been my problem recently so we also talked a bit about tracking again. It was the topic for last week's meeting but today our leader asked how it went for people. There were about 3 people who said they had 2lb losses thanks to tracking.

I know I am far more successful when I track and though I've had a hard time with that lately today is day one. My goal is track everyday this week. That's 7 days, it can be done.  Apart that drink water more than other beverages and move daily. I'm keeping it simple to establish habits and not overwhelm myself.

Yesterday after I posted I headed outside for a walk. It was fantastic. I did an old route that was a little over 5k and I just felt like I was zipping along. Nothing like activity to clear ones head.

Today my walk to the meeting and back from grocery shopping was a 45min walk all together and I did 40 min of yoga this afternoon. I miss yoga. I can get in the habit of doing it (just like tracking) and then there's a blip and it takes me awhile to get back into it.

It was also the one year anniversay of our leader Tony at our meeting location. That hit me in a funny way. Hmm...another year and not at goal. I immediately stopped that way of thinking and realized that it might be taking me awhile to get to goal but I've learned so much about myself along the way and more importantly I contine to learn about myself.

The weather should be nice tomorrow so I think I might take my walk/run outside.

Since a new month starts tomorrow I'm going back to stickers on the calendar. I want to see how many days I can go in a row sticking to plan and a visual reminder is helpful.

Alright my friends I hope you had a fabulous Saturday.

Hugs!!!

1 comment:

Enz said...

That visual reminder of a "streak" is a such a huge help to me. I use an iPhone app called Do It. It lets you add as many things you want to track and then each day you can put an x or a check mark so you can see at glance how you're doing. I've only been using it since the beginning of April but it is pushing me to make May a more consistent month.