Thursday, August 19, 2010

Strange how things work out

Today I have two tales of how strange things sometimes work out.

The other day I was having lunch with a co-worker. I did them a massive favour they bought me lunch. We went to a restaurant near work and wound up waiting a long time for our food. The conversation was good and we didn't really notice. The waiter apologized profusely and then the manager came and told us that it was on the house.

I've now been waiting for my new washer and dryer for 7 weeks. Yesterday I emailed my sales guy to find out what was going on. I find out today the models I bought have been discontinued with no notice to the place I bought it from. The only gas dryer option is the top of the line one that retails for $4000. I'm assuming he meant the washer and dryer together but still that's more than double that I paid for the original. Then I'm told the supplier is sending enough of the new ones to cover the orders for the old ones with no additional cost. So now I'm getting a really nice super fancy washer and dryer. I might start offering to do people's laundry assuming I'll know how to turn the thing on. Apparently these are also being rushed out so hopefully I will no longer need to plan my laundry over 3 days as opposed to a few hours. The colour is called champagne. These will officially be the fanciest things I own.

On the weight loss front I've been avoiding the scale and not tracking. I'm on WW vacation at the moment. Oh it's not going to last in fact I think I needed a little recess to truly buckle down. I haven't been going crazy or anything and stuffing myself with junk. I'm preparing to bring the diligence back.

What's kind of funny is I've been getting a lot of compliments lately.

Alright my friends that's all I got for today.

Hugs!!!

No comments: