Friday, August 20, 2010

Count your blessings

Calgary is in the process of building the west leg of our C-Train (otherwise known as light rail transit). When I first saw the yellow thing in the picture I thought it was part of a bridge. Then I realized it's actually a crane and it's placing cement blocks into formation. It's kind of funky watching it progress as this crane keeps shifting along.

Today was a bit rough as I discovered something that wasn't exactly fair and of course I'm the one who it's being unfair to. This gets to me but I realized there's not a whole lot I can do about it. So I made a conscious decision to count my blessings. I might not be able to do anything about this but I'm a wee bit wiser than yesterday that's for sure. I once watched this parenting show that said choose your battles with your kids. Well I'm going to adopt that as to choose what hill I'll die on and this is not it.

I'm strangely looking forward to weigh in tomorrow. I'm not expecting good results but I'm happy to be back in routine. Tomorrow starts no excuses and my restart in a sense. I've had my little vacation now it's back to focused weight loss. Today I just focused on eating when I was hungry. Novel concept I know but it was interesting to listen to my body instead of going by the clock.

I hope you all had a fabulous Friday.

Hugs!!!

No comments: