Friday, June 23, 2006

It's all about the outlook

One day before weigh in and this morning the scale was very promising. Yes, I weigh myself every morning however I'm not obsessed about the number. I look at it in a very analytical way more to determine how my activities should be adjusted for the rest of the week.

At any rate, if I keep it together today I should see a favourable result tomorrow morning. The thing I was trying to do this week was add extra bits of activity in to my everyday routine. For example go to the far food court for lunch, walk an extra block to get to the office, take the bus home that requires me walk faster and do some living room dancing in the evenings. As I've stated before I'm going to put a more formalized workout program in place next week, one that does no rely on other people either.

I loved Philippa's blog today and you can check it out here. She is such an inspiration and what she says today really hit home. It's so easy for us to get discouraged and disappointed with this tough journey we're on. It made me think that as people it's so easy to get dragged down by the negative. I need to make a conscious effort to be more positive with myself. Like when the scale isn't going where I want it to, I should look at my start measurements and weight and realize how far I've come. I know sometimes easier said then done.

Also a major kudos to Anne for her organizing the post card exchange. I got my two very positive post cards from Janel and Lisa. It totally made my day.

I'm going to make a conscious effort to say something positive each day about this journey either here on the blog or in my journal at home.

We call all so do this with a littler perserverance and little faith.

To Success!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I am a daily weigher too but have the same perspective as you, it lets me know what I have to do for the day.

Going to check out Philippa's blog now ;)

Anne said...

Yeah! So happy you got your postcards! I got mine too and they made my day :)

Marathon Someday said...

I love how positive this entry sounds!! It's true - think about how far you've come - you're doing great!!!!

tylersstory said...

Hey, came across your blog reading comments on my blog from the past month. I took a month off, and am not just getting back into it, reading around for inspiration and saw your blog through the comments. :) I will be poping through more often :)

Maybe we can exchange recipees :D