Thursday, April 20, 2006

One Day OP!!!


Whoo hoo, I got through yesterday without going off plan. I even resisted the temptation of my good friend who also does WW. We were just finishing our walk with Running Room and it was gorgeous out. We started talking about patios and then there was a suggestion about a drink on a patio, I turned to her and said "NO". We have been very good at leading each other astray this week (I am equally guilty, the 3 desserts was my suggestion after all).

It's hard to believe that Sunday will be the last day of my clinic. It's been such a big part of my life for the past 6 months. I can't believe I'll be in Vancouver very soon and competing in a freaking marathon. Feelings of being a total fraud are starting to pop into my head. I quickly brush them aside with the statement "I don't have to win, just do it".

I'm going to do a tour of outdoor clothing stores on Saturday to figure out what I'm going to wear to race in. The problem is I'm quickly collecting a wardrobe of "performance" items and have no place to put them. I should also weed out my chest of drawers this weekend.

Weighed myself this morning and I was down 2.5lbs from yesterday. It's so bizarre how your body weight fluctuates throughout the day and week.

Going to Earl's tonight- probably one of the worst non point friendly restaurants out there, well I think Boston Pizza is worse. I have a plan: Chicken Tenders (8pts) and Edamame Beans (2pts) and loads of water. Their NI info is awful and most of their entrees are over 1000 calories with over 30g of fat. I wonder what the heck they cook with.

After dinner it's off to see Thank You For Smoking, I've heard good things about it so far.

It's so nice out today +21, of course this is Calgary so it's supposed to be 5 on Saturday. We have a saying here...just wait 10 minutes and the weather will change. I have a theory that every Calgarian owns a jacket/coat for every 10-15 degree temperature difference.

I get to head out soon for a bit and I can't wait.

Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

jill spyker said...

Hey... I'm in vancouver and running most days with tights and a long sleeve performance shirt with a short sleeved on overtop and that seems to be doing the trick :)

digitalGoobie said...

That Earl's place prolly has the best tasting food - the cook with stuff that makes food taste fantastic.. and it just so happens to be pure freakin calories. Heh. Good choices though, I hope that it hits the craving for you. ~Smiles~

Thanks for you comment on my Blog today, I know it's life.. just sometimes it starts to become a bit overwhelming.

Good luck in the maraton also.