Thursday, April 27, 2006

The Battle


Wouldn't it be great if we could lose weight just as easy as gaining it. I consider it one of the great injustices of life but a battle, a battle that I'm perfectly willing to take on.

I also know there's days that I won't feel like fighting the battle and I might cave and eat something incredibly bad for me and then feel guilty about it. But not for long...because all I have to do is look at my paperclip chain on my fridge. 30 paper clips hang there, one for every pound I've lost. All I have to do is remember how climbing up a flight of stairs would but me out of breath or how much I hated having to wear rectangular shaped clothes in order to hide myself.

One bad day will not get me off plan or derail my efforts, one bad week won't do that either. I simply won't let it destroy all I've accomplished this far. I go back to day one everytime I get discouraged.

I know I'll be doing WW for life even after goal. I've followed weightwatchers for about 3 years going on to 4. I've lost 30lbs. Loads of people have gotten to goal faster. That's o.k, I congratulate them. Every person who strives to get more fit must follow their own path and face their own demons. I also know this is the year I get to goal.

The most important thing I've learned from Weightwatchers and the Bloggers is that I'm not in this alone.

I have to learn the lessons for the rest of life not a magic number. I really want to thank everyone who shares their stories, their frustrations and their successes.

We are truly in this together.

On another note: I'm meeting the first boy from the speed dating thing tonite for a drink. I have a feeling that he'd be better suited for my friend. Oh well we will have to see.

No comments: