Monday, April 17, 2006

Happy Monday!


I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend and to those who have today off as well...Lucky you :)

It was painful getting out of bed today just because I love my bed plus I was woken up at 2am by the sound of someone tossing their cookies. That just doesn't usually happen in my neighbourhood so it was a bit surreal.

Didn't go to run/walk club yesterday due to transit being goofy because of the holiday so instead I went out on my own at 8:20am yesterday did 13k in total. Kept it at a relatively slower pace, part of my excursion was on this nature trail that winds itself down the side of a cliff and hooks up with the main pathway system. It was beautiful, completely surrounded by giant trees and pretty good workout since you're hiking over uneven terrain. Came back the same way and had an even better workout by climbing all these erratic stairs. The stairs are built into the dirt so all the heights are different and on the way out it was frozen mud on the way back it wasn't frozen.

There were a bizillion runners on the pathway and some of them just made me giggle. There were packs of 10-12 people all running so close to each other I thought someone was going to get kicked. I also came to the realization that I must return to MEC and purchase spring/summer outdoor workout clothes. I still don't know what to wear for the 1/2 marathon. I'm thinking these adidas capris that I have but my friend was concerned on how comfortable they'd be at 21km. I'm thinking they were fine on the treadmill and the last two times we've done 21k I was wearing track pants that are made out of cotton, so my adidas which are not cotton will probably do just fine. Since cotton is evil on any long distance anything.

This is the last week of my 1/2 marathon clinic, it's amazing how fast 16 weeks go by. I'm going to miss it, the thing I'll miss most is the routine. I have to keep this up because it's really working for me.

My friend was down on Friday and she just started WW online. She told me she eats the majority of her points at the end of the day. I couldn't get my head around that probably because that wouldn't work for me. By the time I got home I would eat the contents of my fridge. I encouraged her to come to my meeting on Saturday...she didn't which is fine she might want to another time.

I stayed exactly the same this week which was a bit of a shock since I've been a snacking fiend this week plus retaining water so technically that would mean I lost. Now I just need to keep it up. I want to be at 174 on Saturday which means I'd have to lose just under 3lbs. Considering I've had a gain, then stayed the same it is a possibility. It's just that 174 would put me at officially 30lbs down and 34lbs from goal. I remember saying I'd be at goal in July back in November. That might be a tad unrealistic but I will definitely be at goal in December and I want to comfortable in a bikini in Hawaii.

So my goals today are:
3L of water
Have walk clinic tonight so activity is good
Stick to what I've journaled...I have the whole day planned out.

I made a healthier egg mcmuffin this morning. Whole wheat english muffin, egg (I used the egg ring I bought from Williams and Sonoma..so neat), light cheese, fat free ham 1 slice. The whole thing came to 5pts. It still didn't quite taste like the original. Tomorrow I'll try a bit of becel spray on the english muffin and see if that's what was missing.

To everyone who has added me to their blog lists...I am so incredibly honoured and if I had a clue on how to add you I would. I love reading all of yours and find your observations and comments to be tremendously insightful.

Have a great day everyone!

No comments: