Sunday, July 17, 2011

Staycation begins

I forgot to weigh in yesterday, yes I know that sounds strange but I got my days mixed up and I was so tired I slept in. That's the effect of Stampede when you're old and tired plus the crazy schedule I've had lately. All I did Friday was go out for lunch but I wound up staying downtown till dinner time and I was knackered and in bed by 8pm and I still slept in. I was also a little distracted on Saturday because I was going to Wicked.
M and I went to Chili's for lunch yesterday as it was close to the theater and while they have a giant menu it's a nutritional mindfield. I had the Quesadilla Explosion Salad and it clocked in at 26 propoints. I did plan for it be the biggest meal of the day and I wound up going into weekly points for that. I should have maybe gone with the chili. I watched entrees go by and they all seemed huge.

Wicked was awesome, both M and I have read the book so we weren't expecting so many deviations from the book but it was a wonderful performance. Elphaba and Glinda where incredible.

Today was all about housework, laundry and grocery shopping. I had originally planned a big grocery shop as I'm home till next Tuesday on vacation but then I had another idea. The last time I was in Germany visiting my cousins I noticed they all had small fridges like bar size. Mind you space is not the same as in North America. What they do there is shop more often so it's no uncommon to pop into the market on the way home and pick up dinner.

My plan is to go to the gym everyday this week which happens to be next to the grocery store. Back when I was based in Calgary I'd do the mega shop but I'm not a good a meal planning for more than 2-3 days a time in advance. I can't decide today what's for dinner on Friday. I went today and just focused on meal plans for the next few days. I did walk there and back. It was super warm out and when I got home after carrying a knapsack full and 3 bags of groceries I was tired. I did wind up with a bit more then I expected but my Safeway finale had the Fibre Select tortilla chips in stock (it's been months) and I picked up a few staples.

Today's lunch was a bacon and tomato sandwich and supper was scrambled eggs with steamed asperagus. I started the day with some Multigrain Cheerios. I might have some cherries for dessert as I wait for the laundry to dry.

Right now I'm watching Big Brother, I haven't watched a season in ages but it is perfect summer fluff. I watched the Women's World FIFA finals today and was thrilled Japan won. I just thought it was so inspiring to see the underdog win and after Japan has had so much devistation what a nice thing to have something to celebrate.

Tomorrow the workout will be a run/walk and Iron Reps with an instructer I've never seen. After the gym I need to pick up the neighbours dog as we'll be hanging out together until next Tuesday.

I will definitely be going to my meeting this week that's for sure.

Hope you all had a great weekend and I'll be back tomorrow.

Hugs!!!

No comments: