Monday, July 04, 2011

Day 45 - a challenge?

I did something today I haven't done in awhile and what I generally avoid.

I joined the biggest loser challenge at work. My weight and measurements have been recorded and that was right after dinner and in jeans.

It started with a few of us discussing the challenge posters in camp. The prize an iPod. I have a few of those so not a big draw. We started discussing doing our own challenge and then it morphed into joining the camp challenge with side bets.

The rules are iffy. Weigh in weekly and take measurements weekly. Whoever loses the most weight/inches in 8 weeks wins. There are men and women competing. There's also something about attending 3-4 group classes a week. That's tricky as everyone is on a different shift. I'm doing my own exercise plan but apparently that's ok.

I'm not fond of group challenges but what the heck. I'm also on vacation during the 8 weeks but again the rules are iffy.

The measurements were odd too I.e shoulders, at the belly button, below the belly button, chest and hips. The shoulders and the two measurements around the ab area were really odd to me.

I figure why not create a support group at work and just roll with it.

After that I went to my room and packed. I have a good chunk of my room packed for my move tomorrow so I should be able to do it in 2 trips.

I did come up with a revamped personal challenge that will be two parts. Project Disney is the remaining 16 weeks before the 1/2 Marathon training. Project Sassy Fairy is for the last 14 weeks. I want to fly that course with a smile on my face.

So I'll keep counting days as the last 45 did lead to this.

Hope you had a great Monday.

Hugs!!!!

No comments: