Saturday, July 17, 2010

The bouncing ball

It was a drive by weigh in today as I had things to do before I head over to the Greyhound station and off to Dad's. I saw the topic was plateau, and thought of staying but then decided to use that extra half an hour to weed my flower beds.The weigh in people should pass a math test though. I had to start a new weigh in book and the woman wrote that I had lost 29lbs...ah that'd be nice but not with two weeks of gains.



I was up .4lb, two gains in two weeks. It's my own fault, I got a little fast and loose with the tracking and the decisions lately. It's not a plateau, it's stupid decisions and not as much activity as usual.

No more, the focus is turned back on. This will be a challenging week as I will at the mercy of Dad's cooking. He will not let me cook...at all. I cook at my house when he's here. However I did lay down the law a few weeks ago and over the past few years he has started to ask what I can eat and can't.

I recenlty switched to skim milk (who knew I always swore that stuff was weird looking). I would always get that in a latte but it was disguised with espresso. Now I drink it straight up. He's picking that up on the way to pick me up from Olds. He had loads of bottles of water which is also bonus.

The good thing about Dad's house is that there are no cookies, no chocolate, no granloa bars. Not that I have cookies in my house either..at the moment anyway. There is also no corner store. The nearest source of any tempting treat is a 30min drive away. There are no snacks. There are 3 meals a day and one afternoon coffee.

I packed the Garmin FR60 and the Polar heart rate monitor, plus a skipping rope. One activity will be running on the property and I figure I'd keep it interesting by alternating with skipping. Dad has a nap everyday and while he naps I will doing sit ups and push ups in the living room.

I also packed a few books including The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo and The Girl Who Played With Fire, Dad has two channels so occupying yourself without the TV is must. It's hard for me as I'm quite attached to my TV.

I will also be without the internet so I won't be posting till I get back unless I can get it to work using my blackberry. I might try that but if you don't hear from me I'll be back next Saturday.

I hope you all have a wonderful week and remember you can do whatever you set your mind do.

Hugs!!!!

4 comments:

H-woman said...

Enjoy your time away from the big city!

=)

Luke & Erica said...

Just came across your blog and I too am doing this the WW route. I am just starting off and recommited today! Thanks for the inspiration!
Erica Johnson
www.emjwwjourney.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

I hope you enjoyed your holiday!
Here is an award for your blog, the Versatile Blogger. You can pick it up at my site. Keep up the good work!
http://lifeinbalance-lisa.blogspot.com/
Lisa

Anna said...

Wow, your dad is commendable for cooking 3 meals a day. Kudos to him! Does he do that even when you're not there? Out of curiosity, can you give some examples of the meals your dad cooks?
Keep up the good work!