Thursday, August 06, 2009

The call of the poutine

So my first week back on WW is going alright, I've had some wild days due to lack of planning and some spot on days. Today was a wild one.

The team I'm working with right now includes one of our American co-workers. She's one American surrounded by Canadians. We do tease her a bit like today we told her she spelt colour wrong by spelling it "color". We've introduced her to timbits and explained a Coffee Crisp.

Today we were talking about poutine (french fries covered in cheese curd and topped with gravy - in case you don't know). So we told her we'd get it for lunch today so she can try it. She asked where we got it and we answered KFC. Of course the KFCs in the U.S don't have poutine. She asked us to get her a biscuit - the Canadian KFC's don't have biscuits.

I enter the poutine in my tracker after I ate it....23 points....whoa!!!!!!!!! I don't know what I was thinking, I wasn't expecting it be low in pts but I was staggered by 23. I drank a lot of water today after I plugged that in to the tracker.

She is not a fan of cheese so didn't really take to the poutine. So why do I have to be a fan of cheese??

I'm not beating myself up about it and it's vegetables for dinner. Still one day to go to weigh in and I must be an angel tomorrow. I have the day off because I have to work on Saturday so that might work in my favour as there will be no office snacks near me. Now it's all about damage control.

Beware the poutine.....

Hugs!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, it's pretty hard to make a truly amazing poutine in a WW friendly, low point version. LOL Closest I've come is to first create your "gravy" using corn starch for a thickener, instead of flour. Secondly, there are "lower fat" versions of cheese curds but you have to search. Biggest thing, use the Alexia fries, 24 fries are 3 pts. Not bad.

It's not the TRUE thing.. but it's a start to imitating the real thing in a healthier way!

Must be a poutine craving lately... it was the topic the other day amongst a bunch of us on Twitter! LOL

The Glitterati said...

"We've introduced her to timbits and explained a Coffee Crisp." LOL!! Quintessentially Canadian!

Beth @ Kitchen Minions said...

Gosh, it's really funny how different the US and Canada are! Never heard of poutine, but yikes! so many points!

Jaime said...

Damn. Now I want poutine.

Marathon Someday said...

Luckily, I'm not a fan of poutine. I am crazy about french fries with vinegar and ketchup, though - which in itself, presents a different problem.;-)

Good luck with the WI! Hope it goes great.

♥ Dee ♥ said...

I do a light poutine when craving it. I use package gravy (the add a cup of water ones are really low in calories) and light mozza chunks on lowfat oven fries.